As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There is no extra cost to you. Thank you if you use our links; we appreciate it! Learn More.
If you are a golf lover and looking for a practice golf ball then this post is especially for you. It is not so easy to choose a good practice golf ball. The market is full of different products with different claims which makes it very problematic to find out the best golf ball from so many options. Here, I am going to give you a solution to your problem.
I have reviewed some of the best practice golf balls in the market in this article. I will give details about them besides some good tips to choose a good one. According to your experience, place of practice and others, you need to select the ball.
In the winter or rain you have to keep practicing indoors or in your backyard to keep up the level of your swinging. On that time practice aids like these balls, swinging aid, putting greens etc. are your best options.
Let’s get to the review:
What is a Practice Golf Ball?
At first, you need to know what exactly a practice golf ball is. A practice golf ball is a golf ball generally made with light plastic or foams. These balls are made in ways that can work the same as a real golf ball. Those balls are generally a bit lighter.
With a real golf ball, you can’t practice inside the home or any indoor place. But with a practice ball, it is easy to practice and improve your golf skills anywhere you want. Even inside the home with a practice golf net, you can use the ball. Your furniture and other members never get hurt with a practice golf ball.
People generally use practice golf balls for two reasons. When they want to practice more then they keep these balls at home. And people use it because the price is cheaper than the real golf balls.
Why Should You Use A Practice Golf Ball?
You may face the question why should you use a practice golf ball? If you are a golf player then certainly you want to improve your game.
- It is hard to shot a ball perfectly. It needs a lot of practice. Every time you can’t go to golf ground with a golf ball. That’s why people buy a practice golf ball. One can practice golf inside the home, in an indoor stadium or in any random place.
- Another thing is a real golf ball isn’t a cheap thing. So it is tough for some people to afford the best golf balls even for practicing. Best Golf range balls and practice golf balls are cheaper than real golf balls. Besides most of them lasts long. So for saving the extra money and improving the skill people should buy and practice with practice golf balls.
- You can practice with this balls without being concerned for breaking or smashing any precious things indoors or in your backyard.
What are the Best Practice Golf Balls for Money in 2024?
Here we have reviewed the following practice golf balls:
- GoSports Foam Golf Practice Balls (Both for indoor and outdoor practice)
- Pridesports Practice Golf Balls (Best choice for driver)
- Almost Point 3 Golf Balls (Best For indoors)
- Sklz Impact Golf Balls (Best for Backyard)
- Titleist Pro V1 Practice Golf Balls
- Wiffle Practice Golf Balls (Best for both indoor & Outdoor)
- Birdieball Practice Golf Balls (Best for Garden)
- Callaway Hx Practice Golf Balls
- Awakingdemi Airflow Hollow Golf Balls
- Jef World Of Golf Practice Balls (Best Overall choice for chipping, iron shot, drivers, pitching etc.)
- Eyeline Golf Weighted Ball
- Almost limited flight Practice Golf Balls
- Smartlife Practice Golf Balls
GoSports Foam Golf Practice Balls
Whether you want to practice your golf ball hitting skills at home, indoor or outdoor, this set of 16 Go Sports balls is ready to serve your purpose effectively. The balls are made of sturdy foam to ensure long-lasting service.
The balls have limited flight. So, what does this do? The limited flight means the ball has limited speed and distance traveling capacity. Thus, you won’t have to worry about losing the practice balls and invest in buying another set of balls soon. Therefore, it will also save you money.
The limited flight of the ball further allows you to practice all kinds of golf ball hitting and stick swing even in the tightest space. It brings peace of mind for golfers knowing that they can quickly improve their hitting skills.
And with its superior foam construction, the practice balls indeed feel like real golf balls. It is pretty important because it facilitates actual golf tournaments. In short, with such durability, a realistic feel, and good flight, these balls are ready to help you in improving the golf skills in indoor and outdoor spaces for all golfers.
- These balls feel like the real ones for its texture.
- These are good quality alternative for the real ones.
- Suitable both for indoor & outdoor use.
- Comes with storage tote to help organizing these properly.
- Limited flight is ideal for tight space.
- Pretty realistic feel with foam design.
- Suits both outdoor and indoor practice.
- It’s a bit lightweight for professionals.
PrideSports Practice Balls
The PrideSports offers one of the best golf balls for practice. Having a lot of features the ball is now a popular product among golfers. It is just 2.24 ounces. So undoubtedly it is a lightweight one. This is really one of the best practice golf balls for drivers.
Now let’s get to the features in detail.
- The ball comes with bright colors. So you won’t face any problem in visualization. Besides the colors are attractive.
- The balls are not too heavy. So it won’t interrupt in your gameplay.
- The balls are usable to anywhere you wish. Inside home or outside, it doesn’t matter.
- Bright colors help you to visualize.
- Lightweight structure.
- The ball is not so stylish in look.
Almost Point3 Golf Balls
This will be another good choice for you. These practice balls golf weigh only 1.1 pounds. They also perform similarly to a real golf ball. They are one of the best golf balls for indoor practice. Here are the features in detail:
- Spins as well as draws like a real golf ball.
- Safe to use in any neighbor.
- You can use the ball anywhere you want.
- Safe to use anywhere.
- Doesn’t poses any harm to the surrounding area.
- The color could be brighter.
SKLZ Impact Golf Balls
Looking for a durable golf practice ball? SKLZ impact golf balls are here to give you long-lasting performance. The size of the ball is perfect and the color is also great. Some good technologies are also used in it. It is the best practice golf balls for backyard.
I am explaining the features below:
- Pop-back technology of the ball has made it durable.
- Undoubtedly you can use them for seasons after season.
- Approximately 45 yards flight distance.
- Undoubtedly durability is great.
- It is a dent-resistant ball.
- You have to train in a small place.
Titleist Pro V1 Practice Golf Balls
Titleist pro-V1 can be another great option as practice golf balls. The ball is made by maintaining all the rules of golf. Also, you don’t have to face any performance deficiency with this ball.
- The doesn’t have any construction deficiency. So you can expect good durability.
- Superior performance.
- Durability of the ball is impressive.
- The weight is perfect. (1.39 pounds).
- Not a stylish one.
Wiffle Practice Golf Balls
These balls come with a set. In the set, you will find 6 golf balls which are made of hard plastic. The balls are really great as a practice ball.
- A set of balls which are really durable.
- You can use it inside your house and outside in the field. It works well everywhere.
- The size is just like a golf ball.
- You’ll get 6 balls in each pack.
- Usable both inside and outside.
- The look can be better.
BirdieBall Practice Golf Ball
If you are into golf for some time now, you must have heard the name of this practice golf ball. The balls are made of durable practice. The robust plastic ensures a long-lasting performance of the ball. In a pack, you will have 12 balls. These are the best practice golf balls for garden.
Let’s discuss the features:
- The ball is made of durable super polymer. So you don’t have to worry about longevity.
- The ball spins like a real golf ball. So you will always have a great feel while practicing.
- Long lasting performance.
- The color can be brighter.
Callaway HX Practice Golf Balls
Callaway HX golf balls are another good option for any new golfer. If you are trying to improve your golf gameplay, then an appropriate golf ball is always a big need. This ball comes with all the cool features that a practice golf ball should have. This is one of the best golf balls for backyard practice too.
- It is a soft-light golf ball which is actually like a real golf ball.
- The ball is well-durable.
- Features HEX dimple pattern.
- Comes in a 18 pack and 9 pack sizes.
- The weight of the ball is a little lighter.
Awakingdemi Airflow Hollow Golf Ball
These balls come with mixed and bright color. You can use them as a good practice golf ball for you as well as for your children. They are the top rated indoor practice golf balls. Here are the features:
- This is perfect for the beginners.
- The ball is made of soft EVA material. So it has a clear line and smooth surface.
- The ball is soft. So it is perfectly safe for indoors.
- The ball has great stability and elasticity.
- Not suitable for professionals.
Jef World of Golf Gifts and Gallery Golf Practice Balls
Looking for a practice golf ball that performs like a real golf ball? Then go for Jef World’s practice golf ball which is made of foam but performs like a real golf ball. That’s why these are one of the best practice golf balls for chipping, pitching, garden and outdoor practice.
- They are foam golf balls which are safe for furniture.
- The ball has great stability.
- There are 42 multi-colored balls.
- Great for range.
- An ideal practice ball.
- If you like to practice with a plastic ball then it is not for you.
Eyeline Golf Weighted Ball
This practice golf ball is great for decelerating stroke. It weighs about 5 times than that of a regular golf ball. It can be used both in the house as well as in the open.
- You can completely concentrate on a solid putt.
- Suitable for putts up to 6 ft. or less.
- Eliminating decelerating stroke improves your play.
- Long-lasting ball.
- The balls don’t come with attractive colors.
Almost Practice Golf Balls
It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or a professional, Almost practice golf balls are suitable for any type of golfer. The balls are crafted to improve your skill. They are also popular in the market.
Here are the features:
- You can practice smoothly with a distance of 100-yard max and 40 yards wedge range.
- Don’t worry if you hit a car or window. It is soft enough.
- Can be used in any place and in any time
- Even your children can play with the balls.
- It is fitting for golfers of any age.
- Though the balls are made of foam they are a bit harder.
Smartlife15 Practice Golf Balls
If you are looking for a soft, bright and an elastic practice golf ball then this one should be in your list. Practice golf balls Indoor or outdoor, everywhere it is suitable. You can also use it as a toy for your children.
Here are the features:
- The balls are made of soft resin PU rubber which is durable and elastic.
- The ball comes with a bright yellow color which is helpful to give you proper visibility.
- Safe for glass, furniture and animals.
- Highly portable as well as very lightweight.
- Some people think the ball is too soft.
How to Select the Best Golf Practice Balls?
I have already highlighted the top golf practice balls. But you need to detect every necessary features and fact about a golf ball. Before buying or choosing a ball there is a lot you need to know.
It is essential to acquire knowledge about the necessary facts about a practice golf ball. Only then you can choose the perfect ball.
Let’s know about them.
Foam Vs Plastic Practice Golf Balls
It is obviously a serious matter that from which the ball is made. There are generally two best type of practice golf balls. One is made with light plastic and another is by foam. Which ball you need to buy that depends on some issues.
If you want to practice inside the home then a ball made by foam is good. It doesn’t harm the furniture or hurt people. If you want to buy for your child or pet then these balls are perfect. Again if you want to practice fully professional then I suggest you buy a plastic ball.
Some people think that a ball made by foam is not good for professional. But at present, those balls are getting developed and professional as well.
Bright or Light Color
Another factor about a ball is the color. If you want a practice ball then you should buy a ball with bright colors. It helps to improve the visualization power and ability. Yellow, green etc. colors are cool as a practice golf ball.
This is a major factor everyone should care about. Some practice golf balls contain some toxic. Some material used on the ball are harmful to you. It is more serious when your children start playing with them or your pet keeps that in the mouth. So always be serious about this topic. Check out the elements the ball is made by and stay safe.
A Ball Can Float or Not
You know well where you will practice for improving your golf skills. According to your place you have to choose a ball which can float or not. If you practice inside the home or in any indoor ground then it is not necessary to buy a ball which can float.
But if you want to practice in random places. Places where there is any pond or lake nearby, then choose a ball which can float. Balls made by high-quality foam generally floats in water. They are a little costlier but I think it is better to buy a ball which can float.
Balls for Children or Pet
Many people use golf balls as a toy for their children or pets. In this case, it is better to buy a ball made of foam. They can throw them to your car, TV or other people. If the ball is hard then it can be harmful.
I have already mentioned and again highlighting that the ball for your child and pet needs to be 100% safe and non-toxic. So buy them a ball made by foam.
No one wants a bad investment. Even in case of buying a practice golf ball you want a ball which can perform long. So always try to find a ball with good durability. I have given a list of the best golf practice balls and all of them are well durable. I don’t think it is wise to buy a cheap practice ball. I am advising, spend a little more but buy a durable one.
The weight of the ball has always been a big factor. If the ball is too light or heavier, the wind can interrupt. It won’t show the perfect swing. If you are practicing indoor then it won’t matter really.
It has always been a matter whether your ball looks ordinary or stylish. A ball with good design encourages a player. Besides many people personally can’t pay attention in practice if they can’t find a good looking ball. So check out the ball before and see how it looks like.
Beginner or professional
You should buy a ball according to your experience. If you are a beginner then some balls are especially for you. Most of the time the beginner starts practicing with a foam ball. The professional player generally needs high-quality practice ball. I have mentioned all kinds of balls on the list.
Awakingdemi Airflow Hollow Golf Ball is the best one if you are a beginner. Almost Practice Golf Balls are perfect for everyone.
I have given some guide for you. You should read them all and keep in mind the factors. Hopefully, you can select a good practice golf ball for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are plastic golf balls good for practice?
Since practice golf balls are much lighter, you won’t feel the same as a regular ball & it will not create the same contact sound. But the main advantage is that, you can practice swinging without the tension of breaking or smashing something or injured someone. But the plastic balls can be broken if you hit it hard enough.
2. How do you practice chipping indoors?
You can practice some chipping drills we mentioned here.
3. Are practice golf balls worth it?
Yeah, they are. These are excellent substitutes for regular golf balls. You can practice your swing in your own home or backyard easily with these practice balls. You don’t have to worry about damaging anything too!
4. Can you play with practice golf balls?
No, according to the rules, you can play with the balls those are listed on the conforming golf balls list. And most of the practice ball are not in the list. But if your one is in the list, then you can play with it.
5. What is the difference between a practice golf ball and a regular golf ball?
- The main difference is in the accuracy of flight and distance. Regular golf balls are accurate but the range balls or practice balls are not accurate. Practice balls has an extra thick layer of outside cover that made them random.
- The practice balls pass a shorter distance than a regular golf ball.
- Practice balls are more durable than the regular one. Practice balls are built to endure more forces.
- Practice golf balls are way cheaper than the regular golf balls.
- You have to buy practice balls in bulk, whereas you can get regular golf balls in dozens, with different sizes.
6. What are the best indoor practice golf balls?
Almost point3 golf balls & Awakingdemi Airflow Hollow golf ball are the best indoor practice golf balls.
7. Are foam golf balls good for practice?
Yes, it is. For indoor golf practice, foam golf balls are ideal choice. Although they can be used in the outside or backyard as well! But the main point is, you won’t need any large space to practice with the foam made balls. The foam practice balls are quick flyer and if you hit them with longer clubs they can fly over 40yards.
8. How far do foam golf balls travel?
If they are hit with a longer club, then they can fly over 40 yards.
9. Are practice golf balls different?
Yes, they are. They are made to be hit over and over and over again by the golfers on driving ranges. They are built with much tougher cover to be better at resisting the cover damages like cutting, scuffing, etc.
10. Which balls are good? Plastic or foam?
Both of them are good. If you are a beginner then foam practice golf balls are better.
11. What are the benefits of a practice golf ball?
You can practice anywhere with them, improves your skill.
12. Do pro golfers use range balls?
Yes, pro golfers do use range balls and it is said that they hit around 500 balls per day. Range balls generally do not fly like regular golf balls but these help pro golfers to gain expertise. However, pro golfers do not generally use range balls in tournaments.
13. How far do foam practice golf balls go?
Foam practice golf balls fly real quick off the club, it can travel over 40 yards in one shot. Sometimes foam golf balls go further than 40 yards if you use longer clubs. Mostly, foam practice golf balls are used to play golf indoors.
14. Is hitting plastic golf balls good practice?
Plastic golf balls are good to hit but it doesn’t feel like an actual golf ball. But plastic golf balls will help you to improve your swings. Plastic golf balls are best if you are practicing indoors. So for practice hitting plastic golf balls is good if you are doing it in a small place.
In the article, I have reviewed some of the top practice golf balls. Compare your choice and needs with those balls and choose the one that suits your preference most. I have provided details of each ball with its features, pros and cons.
I have also shared a buying guide for getting the best practice golf ball, benefits of buying a practice golf ball and the most asked questions about practice golf balls. If you still have any more questions, do not hesitate to ask in the comment box below!
- Callaway supersoft golf balls review
- Kirkland Signature golf balls review
- Difference between tp5 and tp5x
- TaylorMade Rocketballz Golf Balls Review
- Nitro Ultimate Distance Golf Balls review
- Best Winter Golf Balls
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Daisy is the Founder and Editor in Chief of Golfs Hub. She is associated with Golf for more than 20 years. She got the inspiration from her father. She is a very private person & doesn't like to be photographed. She's worked in nearly every job in the golf industry from club fitting to instruction to writing and speaking. Now she is enjoying her retirement from day job... but not from Golf! Daisy lives in southeasternmost part of New York state with her family.