As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There is no extra cost to you. Thank you if you use our links; we appreciate it! Learn More.
We all love the game golf. On a good sunny day, going to the course, feeling the sweet breeze of the open area, and swinging the club as hard as possible, who doesn’t love that? But your daily life obstacles are not allowing you to get this experience regularly. Consequently, you can con cherish your passion for the game.
But how about bringing that game straight in your backyard?
Well, it’s never impossible or unattainable.
And to help you with that we will be focusing on Backyard golf practice today, along with some detailed descriptions about it. So that you can find the Best way to practice golf in backyard.
Let’s jump right into it.
Why Is Golf Practice In Backyard Important?
Golf is a long-range game. You hit the ball the hardest you can in order to cover up as much area as possible in one shot. The further you can hit your ball, the quicker you get near to your destined hole. But in the end, a couple of short and precise shots, like chips and putting seals the game.
So, the short shots are equivalently or in some cases more important than the power hits. Your backyard is the perfect place to practice your short game and to master it. That is why every professional golfer always emphasizes on practicing in the backyard to bring a perfect finisher in the course.
So, the more you practice in your backyard, the more your chances arise to do a better score in the next season.
Here we will show some ways, which will ultimately answer all your queries regarding How to practice golf in the backyard or How to practice golf in your backyard.
Setting Up The Backyard Golf Practice Area
So, how to practice golf in backyard? Firstly, you have to avail of a Backyard golf practice area. Where you will set up a few necessary pieces of equipment to make your practice session effective.
You can spend a lot, and set up a very standard practice range, but here we will focus on the minimalist approach through which you can get the best practice experience with the help of the least sources available. For that, all you need to do is :
1. Setting Up A Driving Surface
You have to pick a suitable place, where you will drive your ball first. After finalizing the location, get a driving mat and place it there. If possible, it will be great if you can build a concrete slab beneath the mat. It will ensure the best driving practice experience.
2. Setting Up A Practice Net
You can buy and set up any stock Backyard golf practice net in front of your driving surface. If not, then get three 8/9 feet alloy or steel pipes, two L shaped connectors and a strong fabric net. Then build a goalpost like a frame with the pipes and fit the net loosely within the area of the framework. The net must be fitted loosely, so that, it can consume the force of the ball after hitting and not bounce the ball back again.
3. Setting Up A Putting Surface
You can easily build a putting surface using putting mats or even with masking tapes. Just choose a plain surface and place the mat there. If the mat is not available then stick some strips of masking tapes in parallels, side by side. As so a perfect golf hole now.
So, now you have quite a decent Backyard golf practice facilities, straight in your backyard. You can practice all the necessary drills here easily right behind your home. And bring out a better game in the course.
Key Tips For The Best Way To Practice Golf In Backyard
While you are attending Backyard golf practice drills, you must keep a few things in mind:
- Practice more in your home and in a range. But when you are in the course, just enjoy the game.
- Try to maintain standard pitch conditions for your background golfing pitch.
- Success is hard to achieve and it requires time and patience. So, never stop practicing out of frustration.
- Pick up the most suitable clubs for you and be careful about this.
- Take advice or lessons from PGA approved golf coaches if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to build a golf hole in your backyard?
– Choose a plain area for creating the hole. Make that soil bit wet by spreading some water. Then take a PVC pipe of about 6 inches height and 2.5/3 inches in radius. Now put the pipe straight on the wet ground and push it inwards by patting with a hammer. When almost all the pipe is inserted, pull it back along with the soil. Then smooth up the hole by pressing and place the pipe back again, and you have a perfect putting hole in your backyard.
2. How do I make a real golf green in my backyard?
– Select a rectangular area in your backyard, then remove the soil of that land, then fill up that area with concrete gravels. Use a pitch roller to smoothen things up. Then get a golf turf from the market according to your pitch size and set it up. And you have a green golf pitch in your backyard
3. How do you install putting green in your backyard?
– Well, it requires the same process mentioned above. Go through the same process and make sure you put a synthetic turf on your pitch. Or there are many companies that provide such services. You can contact with them and they will give the best solution for setting up a putting green in your back yard.
The Bottom Line…
Golf is a game with immense fun. It’s really enjoyable when you are hitting golf balls in the course. And we showed you several ways to bring the game in your home and get the Best backyard golf practice experience. The process is simple and attainable. So, never lose your touch with the game and keep your playing hand sharp through regular Backyard golf practice to get a better score next season.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Daisy is the Founder and Editor in Chief of Golfs Hub. She is associated with Golf for more than 20 years. She got the inspiration from her father. She is a very private person & doesn’t like to be photographed. She’s worked in nearly every job in the golf industry from club fitting to instruction to writing and speaking. Now she is enjoying her retirement from day job… but not from Golf! Daisy lives in southeasternmost part of New York state with her family.