As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There is no extra cost to you. Thank you if you use our links; we appreciate it! Learn More.
If you’re serious about your game, then you know that a handheld golf GPS can be a valuable tool on the course. Having a reliable and accurate handheld golf GPS can be a game-changer. But with so many devices on the market, how do you choose the best one for your needs?
There are many factors to consider when purchasing a handheld golf GPS. These include the type of course you will be playing on, the level of your game, and your budget. Other factors such as the size and weight of the unit, the battery life, and the features offered can also be important.
But with so many options on the market, it can be difficult to know which one is the best for you.
To help you make your decision, we’ll take a look at why you need a handheld golf GPS and we’ve put together a list of the best handheld golf GPS units available. We’ve also included a buyer’s guide to help you understand what features to look for when making your purchase.
We considered factors like features, price, and user reviews to find the 10 best options on the market. No matter what your budget is or what features you are looking for, we are confident that you will find the perfect handheld golf GPS on our list.
So whether you’re just getting started with using a golf GPS or you’re looking to upgrade your existing device, read on for everything you need to know!
What is a Handheld Golf GPS?
A handheld golf GPS is a small, portable device that uses satellite technology to give you accurate yardages to the green, as well as other features that can be helpful on the course.
There are many different brands and models of handheld golf GPS units on the market, so it’s important to do your research before purchasing one.
Why Do You Need a Handheld Golf GPS?
There are many benefits of using a handheld golf GPS, including:
-You’ll always know how far away the green is, no matter where you are on the course. This can be helpful when making club selections and planning your strategy for each shot.
-A handheld golf GPS can help you avoid hazards on the course, such as water hazards, bunkers, and out-of-bounds areas.
-Some models come with pre-loaded courses, so you won’t have to manually enter data for each hole. This can save you time on the course.
-Some higher-end models come with additional features like scorekeeping and shot tracking. This can be helpful if you’re trying to improve your game or track your progress over time.
Which Golfer Should Use Handheld Golf GPS Device?
There is no definitive answer to this question. It depends on a number of factors, including a budget, skill level, and the features that are most important to you. If you are a beginner golfer, you may want to consider a traditional handheld golf GPS device. These devices typically offer basic features like yardage to the front, back, and center of the green, as well as hazards and layup areas. They can be a great way to get started with using a GPS device on the course.
If you are more experienced or serious about your game, you may want to consider a smartphone-connected golf GPS device. These devices offer more advanced features, such as scorekeeping and course mapping. They can also be integrated with apps for even more functionality. However, they tend to be more expensive than traditional handhelds.
Finally, if you are looking for a compact and lightweight option, you may want to consider a watch-style golf GPS device. These devices are worn on the wrist like a regular watch and usually offer basic features like yardage information. Some models also include scorekeeping and other advanced features.
The Different Types of Handheld Golf GPS Devices
The first type of handheld golf GPS device is the traditional standalone unit. These devices are typically the most affordable option and can be found in a variety of brands. Most traditional handhelds will come pre-loaded with course maps for popular courses, but some may require you to purchase these maps separately. One downside of traditional handhelds is that they can be bulky and inconvenient to carry around, as they need to be kept in your golf bag.
The second type of handheld golf GPS device is one that connects to your smartphone. These devices tend to be more expensive than traditional units, but they offer some additional features and benefits. For example, many smartphone-connected devices come with app integration, meaning you can use them in conjunction with a golf app on your phone. This can provide you with more data and analysis than a traditional unit. Another benefit of these devices is that they tend to be smaller and more lightweight than standalone units, making them more convenient to carry around.
The third type of handheld golf GPS device is the watch-style unit. These devices are designed to be worn on your wrist like a regular watch, and they offer all the same features as other types of handheld units. However, one advantage of watch-style units is that they are less likely to get lost or misplaced than other types of devices (since they’re always on your wrist!). Another advantage is that many people find them more comfortable and convenient to use than other types of units.
Considerations When Choosing a Handheld Golf GPS
When choosing a handheld golf GPS, there are several things you need to take into consideration in order to choose the best one for your needs.
The first thing you need to think about is what type of golfer you are. If you are someone who likes to play a lot of golf and wants to get better, then you might want to consider a more expensive and feature-rich device. However, if you only play occasionally or are just looking for something to help with your yardage, then a less expensive and feature-packed device might be better suited for you.
Another consideration is how important accuracy is to you. If having the most accurate readings possible is important to you, then you’ll want to make sure that the device you choose offers accurate readings. Some devices use satellite technology while others use GPS, so keep that in mind when making your decision.
You’ll also want to think about what features are important to you and which ones you can live without. Some devices come with features like scorekeeping and shot tracking, while others don’t offer those features. Decide which features are most important to you and narrow down your choices based on that.
Features to Look for in a Handheld Golf GPS
Now that we’ve gone over some of the things you need to consider when choosing a handheld golf GPS, let’s talk about some of the features that you should look for when making your purchase:
Accuracy – As we mentioned before, accuracy is important if you want your yardage readings to be as precise as possible. Look for a device that uses satellite technology for the most accurate readings possible.
Rangefinder – A good handheld golf GPS will have a rangefinder built-in so that you can get an accurate reading of the distance from your location to the flagstick on the green.
Course Maps – Many handheld golf GPS devices come pre-loaded with course maps so that all you have to do is select the course you’re playing and it will provide yardage information specific to that course.
Shot Tracking – If being able track your shots is important to you, then look for a device that offers this feature. This can be especially helpful if you’re trying to improve your game and pinpoint areas where you need work.
The Main Features of a Handheld Golf GPS.
Yardage To The Front, Center, And Back Of The Green
All handheld golf GPS devices will give you yardage to the front, center, and back of the green. This is one of the most basic, and essential features of a handheld golf GPS. Some devices will also give you yardage to hazard areas and layup points.
Hazards And Layup Areas
Hazards and layup areas are another important feature to look for in a handheld golf GPS device. Many devices will have pre-loaded maps of hazards and layup points. Some devices will even allow you to input your own custom hazard and layup points.
Scorekeeping is another essential feature of a handheld golf GPS device. Most devices will have a built-in scorecard that you can use to keep track of your scores. Some devices will even allow you to input your own custom scorecards.
Course maps are another important feature to look for in a handheld golf GPS device. Many devices come with pre-loaded course maps. Some devices even allow you to download course maps from the internet or from other users.
How to Choose the Right Handheld Golf GPS for You?
Consider Your Budget
The first thing you should consider when choosing a handheld golf GPS is your budget. There are a wide range of devices available, from basic models that only provide yardage information to more sophisticated units that offer course maps, hazard information, and scoring features. Decide how much you are willing to spend on a device before narrowing down your options.
Decide What Features Are Most Important To You
Once you have considered your budget, it is time to decide which features are most important to you in a handheld golf GPS. If you are primarily concerned with getting accurate yardage information, then any basic model will suffice. However, if you want access to course maps and other features, then you will need to choose a more sophisticated unit. Consider what features are most important to you before making your final decision.
Choose The Right Device For Your Skill Level
Another important consideration when choosing a handheld golf GPS is your skill level. If you are a beginner golfer, then you will likely be better off with a simpler device that only provides yardage information. More advanced golfers may prefer a unit that offers more sophisticated features such as course mapping and hazard information. Consider your skill level before making your purchase to ensure that you choose the right device for your needs.
When choosing a handheld golf GPS, be sure to consider the battery life of the device. Some units can last for several rounds of golf on one charge, while others may need to be recharged after each use. If you plan on using the device frequently, then choose one with a long battery life so that you won’t have to worry about recharging it often.
Ease Of Use
Finally, consider the ease of use when choosing a handheld golf GPS. Some units are very user-friendly and can be operated with just a few button presses, while others may require you to enter data or navigate through menus. If you are not familiar with technology, then choose a unit that is easy to use so that you can get the most out of it on the course.
Most handheld golf GPS devices come with some form of app integration. This allows you to connect your device to your smartphone or tablet and use the additional features of the apps. Some of the features you might find in these apps include:
– Green mapping and pin location: This can be extremely helpful when you are trying to figure out your next shot. The app will show you a map of the green, as well as the location of the hole, so you can plan your shot accordingly.
– Pre-loaded courses: Many apps come with pre-loaded courses, so you can see how far you have to hit the ball to reach the green. This can be helpful if you are playing a new course or if you want to brush up on your skills before a big game.
– Scorekeeping: Most apps also include a scorekeeping feature, so you can keep track of your progress as you play. This is especially helpful if you are trying to improve your handicap.
Green Mapping And Pin Location
As mentioned above, one of the most useful features of an app-connected handheld golf GPS device is the ability to see a map of the green and the location of the hole before you take your shot. This can be extremely helpful in planning your strategy for each hole.
Another useful feature that many apps offer is pre-loaded courses. This means that you can see how far you have to hit the ball to reach various parts of the course without having to measure it yourself. This can be helpful if you are playing a new course or if you want to get an idea of how difficult a particular hole may be.
Weight Of The Unit
One thing to consider when choosing a handheld golf GPS device is the weight of the unit itself. Some units are very lightweight and portable, while others are larger and more cumbersome. If portability is important to you, then choose a lighter unit; however, keep in mind that larger units usually have more features and longer battery life.
Type Of Course You Will Be Playing On
Another thing worth considering is what type(s) of course(s) do mostly play on? If most rounds are played on regulation 18 hole championship length golf courses then any one several models will suffice because yardages for those types courses have become pretty standardized worldwide… within plus or minus 10 yards give or take depending upon individual laser measurement from various points on each hole layout.
But… what about those times when venturing off into uncharted territory where there aren’t any yardage markers like during practice rounds prior tournaments being held at brand new venues or maybe even just during casual social rounds at executive/par 3 tracks or pitch & putt layouts?
That’s where having access full color aerial photographs each hole becomes invaluable! Being able look down from above see all sorts potential hazards hidden ground level makes it much easier make better decisions club selection right off tee box avoid problems later down fairway approach shots into greens… all without having ask caddy advice!
Review of The 10 Best Handheld Golf Gps Of 2023
1. Garmin Approach G80 – All-in-one Premium GPS Golf Handheld Device
- Brand: Garmin
- Manufacturer: Garmin
The Garmin Approach G80 is an all-in-one premium GPS golf handheld device that provides users with everything they need to improve their game. The device comes pre-loaded with over 41,000 courses from around the world, and provides accurate yardages to the front, back, and middle of the green, as well as to hazards. It also features a full color touchscreen display, and allows users to keep track of their score, track their statistics, and receive notifications for incoming calls and texts. The Approach G80 is the perfect device for serious golfers who want to take their game to the next level.
- The Garmin Approach G80 is an all-in-one GPS golf handheld device that provides users with a wealth of information and features to improve their game.
- The device comes pre-loaded with over 41,000 golf courses from around the world, so users will never be without guidance while on the course.
- The G80 provides accurate yardage information to the front, back, and middle of the green, as well as to doglegs and layups, so users can make the best possible shot selection.
- The device’s SwingTempo feature gives users feedback on their swing speed, so they can ensure they are swinging at the proper tempo for maximum distance and accuracy.
- The G80 also features a built-in launch monitor that measures ball speed, launch angle, and shot shape, so users can get immediate feedback on their shots and make the necessary adjustments.
I purchased the Garmin Approach G80 and couldn’t be happier. It is the perfect all-in-one GPS golf handheld device. It has a sleek design and is very user-friendly. The color touch screen is large and easy to read, even in direct sunlight. The G80 provides yardages to the front, back, and middle of the green, as well as hazard information. It also allows you to track your score and statistics for each round. I highly recommend the Garmin Approach G80 to any golfer, whether you’re a beginner or a pro!
2. Garmin Approach G10, Compact and Handheld Golf GPS
- Brand: Garmin
- Manufacturer: Garmin
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Height: 2.0 Inches Width: 1.5 Inches Length: 0.7 Inches Weight: 0.07 Pounds `
This product is amazing! It is very compact and handheld which makes it perfect for me to take it out on the golf course with me. It has a 1.3-inch display which is very clear and easy to read. It gives me all the information I need about the course I am playing and it is very accurate. I would highly recommend this product to anyone!
- The product is very accurate in terms of yardage, which can be helpful for golfers of all levels.
- The product is very easy to use, with a clear and simple interface.
- The product is very compact and lightweight, making it easy to carry around.
- The product has a long battery life, so it can last for a full round of golf.
- The product comes with a free one-year subscription to Golf Digest magazine.
The Garmin Approach G10 is a great little golf GPS. It’s very accurate and easy to use. I’ve used it on a few courses and it has worked great. The battery life is also very good. I would highly recommend this GPS to any golfer.
3. Garmin Approach G30
- Brand: Garmin
- Manufacturer: Garmin
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Height: 3.0 Inches Width: 0.8 Inches Length: 2.1 Inches Weight: 0.2 Pounds `
This product is awesome! It’s helped my game so much and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
- The Garmin Approach G30 is very accurate, providing reliable yardage information to help improve your golf game.
- The touch screen is easy to use and the GPS is very responsive, making it quick and easy to get yardage information when you need it.
- The G30 is very lightweight and portable, making it easy to take with you wherever you go.
- The battery life is excellent, so you can use it for multiple rounds of golf without having to worry about recharging.
- The G30 is a great value, offering all the features and benefits of a high-end golf GPS at a fraction of the price.
The Garmin Approach G30 is a great handheld golf GPS with a 2.3-inch color touchscreen. It is very accurate and easy to use. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good golf GPS.
4. CANMORE H-300 Handheld Golf GPS
- Brand: CANMORE
- Manufacturer: CANMORE
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Height: 0.7480314953 Inches Width: 1.6141732267 Inches Length: 1.8110236202 Inches Weight: 0.088125 Pounds `
The Canmore H-300 Handheld Golf GPS is an essential piece of equipment for any golfer. It provides accurate data for over 30,000 golf courses worldwide, so you can always be sure you’re getting the most accurate information possible. The device is also extremely user-friendly, with a large, easy-to-read display that makes it simple to find the information you need. Plus, the battery life is impressive, so you don’t have to worry about it running out of juice in the middle of your round.
- The Canmore H-300 Handheld Golf GPS is a great way to get accurate golf course information.
- The device is very easy to use and provides instant feedback on your current location.
- The Canmore H-300 Handheld Golf GPS is very accurate and can help you improve your game.
- The device is very affordable and is a great value for the money.
- The Canmore H-300 Handheld Golf GPS is a great gift for any golfer in your life.
The Canmore H-300 is an amazing handheld golf GPS! It has all of the essential golf course data that you need, and it is very easy to use. The battery life is incredible, and it is very accurate. I would highly recommend this product to any golfer!
5. Garmin Approach G8 Golf Course GPS
- Brand: Garmin
- Manufacturer: Garmin
- Color: G8
- Dimensions: Height: 4.4 Inches Width: 2.1 Inches Length: 0.6 Inches Weight: 0.25 Pounds `
This product is amazing! It has helped my game so much and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
- The Garmin Approach G8 Golf Course GPS can help you improve your game by providing accurate yardage information for each hole.
- The G8 is extremely easy to use and even comes preloaded with over 30,000 courses worldwide.
- With its touch-screen display, the G8 is very user-friendly and even allows you to keep track of your score.
- The G8 comes with a rechargeable battery that can last up to 15 hours on a single charge.
- The G8 also comes with a one-year warranty, which is always nice to have.
The Garmin Approach G8 is one of the best golf course GPS units on the market. It is accurate, reliable, and easy to use. I have used it on several occasions and it has never let me down. The unit is also very affordable, which is a huge plus. I would highly recommend the Garmin Approach G8 to anyone in the market for a golf course GPS unit.
6. Garmin Approach G6
- Brand: Garmin
- Manufacturer: Garmin
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Height: 2.1 Inches Width: 0.8 Inches Length: 3.7 Inches Weight: 0.2125 Pounds `
The Garmin Approach G6 is a great handheld touchscreen golf course GPS. It is very accurate and easy to use. It has all the features you need in a golf GPS, and it is very affordable. It is a great addition to your golf bag, and it will help you improve your game.
- The Garmin Approach G6 is a handheld touchscreen golf course GPS that provides users with accurate yardage information for over 27,000 international courses.
- The G6 allows users to input and save custom yardage information for specific courses, making it great for those who frequently play the same courses.
- The G6’s large, color touchscreen display is easy to read, even in direct sunlight.
- The G6 comes pre-loaded with hazard information for over 10,000 courses, so users can quickly see where water hazards, bunkers, and other obstacles are located.
- The G6 has a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 12 hours, making it great for those long days out on the course.
The Garmin Approach G6 is one of the best handheld touchscreen golf course GPS systems on the market. It is extremely accurate and easy to use. The color touchscreen makes it easy to see your surroundings and the flagstick placement on the green. The G6 also has a digital scorecard feature that allows you to keep track of your score and statistics. This is an excellent product for any golfer, whether you are a beginner or a pro.
7. Izzo Swami 6000 Handheld Golf GPS
- Brand: Izzo
- Manufacturer: IZZO
- Color: Blue
- Dimensions: Height: 3.75 Inches Width: 2.0 Inches Length: 1.0 Inches Weight: 1.0 Pounds `
This product is amazing! It is a handheld golf GPS that is water-resistant and has a color display. It is perfect for any golfer, beginner or advanced. It is easy to use and very accurate. It will help you improve your game and have more fun on the course.
- The product is water-resistant, meaning it can be used in all weather conditions.
- The product is easy to use and read, with a clear color display.
- The product is lightweight and portable, making it easy to take with you on the golf course.
- The product is accurate, providing reliable information on yardages to the green.
- The product comes with a one-year warranty, ensuring customer satisfaction.
The Izzo Swami 6000 is a great handheld golf GPS! It is very accurate and the color display is fantastic. It is also water-resistant, which is great for those who play in all weather conditions. I would highly recommend this product to any golfer!
8. SkyCaddie SX550 Handheld Golf GPS
- Brand: PlayBetter
- Manufacturer: SkyGolf
- Color: SX550
The SkyCaddie SX550 Handheld Golf GPS Power Bundle is one of the most popular bundles on the market! It includes the SkyCaddie SX550 Handheld Golf GPS, PlayBetter USB Car and Wall Charger, PlayBetter Portable Charger and a PlayBetter Protective Silicone Case. The SX550 is one of the most accurate and reliable golf GPS units on the market, providing users with yardages to the front, back and middle of the green, as well as yardages to hazards. The PlayBetter USB Car and Wall Charger keeps the unit charged and ready to go, while the PlayBetter Portable Charger can give it a boost when needed. The PlayBetter Protective Silicone Case protects the SX550 from the elements and everyday wear and tear.
- extremely accurate yardages to the front, back and middle of greens
- large, easy-to-read front/back/middle display
- rechargeable battery provides up to 18 hours of use
- no membership fees required
- comes with a PlayBetter carrying case for easy transport
I’m not a huge golfer, but when I decided to start taking the sport a little more seriously, a friend of mine suggested I buy a SkyCaddie. It was the best decision I ever made! The SX550 Power Bundle comes with everything you need to get started and it’s so easy to use. It’s helped my game immensely and I’ve only been using it for a few weeks! I highly recommend this product to any level of golfer, from beginner to pro!
9. IZZO Golf Swami Kiss GPS
- Brand: Izzo
- Manufacturer: IZZO
- Color: Blue
- Dimensions: Height: 1.0 Inches Width: 2.0 Inches Length: 2.75 Inches Weight: 1.0 Pounds `
The IZZO Golf Swami Kiss GPS Golf Rangefinder is a great product that has helped me improve my game. It is very accurate and has helped me make better decisions on the course. It is also very easy to use and has a great design.
- It is very easy to use with just a few button presses to get the distance information that you need while you are out on the golf course.
- The IZZO Golf Swami Kiss GPS Golf Rangefinder is very accurate in its distance readings, so you can trust the information that it gives you.
- It is small and lightweight, so it is easy to carry around with you on the golf course.
- The IZZO Golf Swami Kiss GPS Golf Rangefinder has a long battery life, so you don’t have to worry about it running out of power while you are using it.
- It is very affordable, so it is a great option for those who are looking for a budget-friendly golf rangefinder.
This product is amazing! It’s so easy to use and it’s really accurate. It has helped my game so much. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
10. SkyCaddie SX400 Handheld Golf GPS
- Brand: SkyCaddie
- Manufacturer: SkyGolf
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Height: 0.6999986 Inches Width: 2.3999952 Inches Length: 4.99999 Inches Weight: 0.440924524 Pounds `
The SkyCaddie SX400 is a handheld golf GPS with a 4 inch touch display. It is a great device for any golfer, as it provides accurate yardages to the front, back, and middle of the green. It also has a hazards feature, so you can see potential trouble areas on the course. The SX400 is easy to use and has a great battery life, so you can keep playing all day long!
- The SX400 provides accurate yardages to the front, back, and middle of greens, as well as to hazards and doglegs on more than 35,000 pre-loaded courses worldwide.
- The 4-inch color touchscreen display is large and easy to read, even in direct sunlight.
- The SX400 has a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 12 hours on a single charge.
- The SX400 comes with a free one-year subscription to SkyGolf’s Premium Membership service, which gives you access to exclusive course information, discounts, and more.
- The SX400 is backed by SkyGolf’s 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee and 1-year limited warranty.
The SkyCaddie SX400 is an amazing handheld golf GPS! It has a 4 inch touch display that makes it very easy to use. The unit is very accurate and has helped me improve my game. The SX400 is a great value and I would highly recommend it to any golfer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which golf buddy is best?
There are many factors to consider when deciding which golf buddy is best. Some golfers prefer to have a caddy, while others prefer to walk the course with a friend. Here are a few things to think about when making your decision:
Do you want someone to carry your clubs? Do you want someone to give you tips on your swing? Do you want someone to help you read the greens?
Do you want someone to be a sounding board for your practice swings? All of these factors can help you decide which golf buddy is best for you. If you want someone to carry your clubs and give you tips on your swing, then a caddy is probably the best option.
If you want someone to help you read the greens, then a friend who is also a golfer might be a better option. The bottom line is that it really depends on your individual preferences. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to deciding which golf buddy is best.
Just make sure to choose someone who you feel comfortable with and who can provide the type of assistance you are looking for.
Are golf GPS worth it?
Whether or not a golf GPS is worth it depends on the individual golfer. For some, a GPS can be a helpful tool that provides accurate yardage information and can help them to improve their game. For others, a GPS may be seen as an unnecessary expense.
Ultimately, it is up to the golfer to decide if a GPS is worth the investment.
Which golf GPS watch is most accurate?
There are many factors that come into play when trying to determine which golf GPS watch is the most accurate. One important factor is the type of satellite used to calculate the position of the watch. Another factor is the number of satellites used.
The more satellites that are used, the more accurate the watch will be. One golf GPS watch that is highly accurate is the Garmin Approach S20. This watch uses both GPS and GLONASS satellites to calculate position, and it uses a total of 24 satellites.
This results in an accuracy of within 1 meter. Another accurate golf GPS watch is the TomTom Golfer 2. This watch uses both GPS and GLONASS satellites, and it uses a total of 30 satellites.
This gives it an accuracy of within 1 meter. So, which golf GPS watch is the most accurate? It really depends on your individual needs and preferences.
If you need the highest level of accuracy possible, then either the Garmin Approach S20 or the TomTom Golfer 2 would be a good choice.
Are Garmin golf GPS accurate?
There is no definitive answer to this question as there are a number of factors that can affect the accuracy of a Garmin golf GPS. However, in general, Garmin golf GPS devices are considered to be accurate within a few yards. One of the main factors that can affect the accuracy of a Garmin golf GPS is the type of satellite signals it uses.
Garmin golf GPS devices typically use one of two types of satellite signals – GLONASS or GPS. GLONASS is a Russian satellite navigation system that is considered to be slightly more accurate than GPS. However, it is not as widely used, so there are fewer GLONASS satellites in orbit.
This means that a GLONASS-enabled Garmin golf GPS may not be able to pick up a signal in some areas. Another factor that can affect the accuracy of a Garmin golf GPS is the level of tree cover. Garmin golf GPS devices use satellite signals to determine their location.
If there are a lot of trees in the area, the signals may be obstructed and the device may not be able to accurately determine its location. In general, Garmin golf GPS devices are considered to be accurate within a few yards. However, there are a number of factors that can affect the accuracy of these devices.
If you are concerned about the accuracy of your Garmin golf GPS, you may want to consider using a GLONASS-enabled device or one that has been designed for use in areas with tree cover.
Traditional golf GPS Watch vs Handheld golf GPS device
It really depends on the golfer’s preference as to whether they would rather use a traditional golf GPS watch or a handheld golf GPS device. There are pros and cons to both.
Traditional golf GPS watches tend to be more affordable than handheld devices. They also tend to have longer battery life since they are not constantly in use like a handheld device would be. On the other hand, traditional golf GPS watches do not usually come with as many features as a handheld device.
Handheld golf GPS devices tend to be more expensive than traditional watches, but they make up for it in features. Most handheld devices come loaded with maps of over 30,000 courses worldwide, as well as detailed information on each hole. They also usually include scorekeeping and hazard/layup information. One downside to handheld devices is that their battery life is shorter than that of a traditional watch since they are constantly in use.
It really comes down to personal preference as to which type of device the golfer wants to use. Both have their own set of pros and cons that might make one more appealing than the other.
If you’re in the market for a handheld golf GPS device, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, consider your budget and decide which features are most important to you. Then, choose the right device for your skill level and be sure to battery life and ease of use. App integration and pre-loaded courses can also be helpful factors to consider. Ultimately, the best handheld GPS for golf for you is the one that meets your specific needs and preferences.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Daisy is the Founder and Editor in Chief of Golfs Hub. She is associated with Golf for more than 20 years. She got the inspiration from her father. She is a very private person & doesn't like to be photographed. She's worked in nearly every job in the golf industry from club fitting to instruction to writing and speaking. Now she is enjoying her retirement from day job... but not from Golf! Daisy lives in southeasternmost part of New York state with her family.