As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There is no extra cost to you. Thank you if you use our links; we appreciate it! Learn More.
Getting the best women’s golf shoes can be pretty hard, right? You need to keep a lot of factors in mind before making the final decision. That’s why in this article, I am going to help you through the whole buying process. I’ll list out 15 best women’s shoes for golf that are currently leading the market. And lastly, I’ll share the only buying guide you’ll ever need for buying the best golf shoes every time.
So, without further ado, let’s get to the meaty part!
The 15 Best Womens Golf Shoes 2021 Review
Golf shoes are important not only for the reason that they look good but also they are imperative for playing golf well. They are concerned in every single shot.
Here are the reviews of the top 15 best golf shoes for women:
1. Adidas Tech Response Golf Shoes
Best overall choice for anything you want
The Adidas Tech Response golf shoes have bought a significant change in the golf shoe arena with their latest Climastrom technology. The brand is well known for producing good-quality golf shoes at an affordable price range.
- The Adidas tech response waterproof technology ensures no damage is done when water comes in touch with the shoe. The Climastrom technology is used to confirm 100% water protection.
- The spikes make sure that the shoes stay firm on the ground. The ThinTech formula helps to keep you stable on the ground without any hassle.
- Microfiber leather is the main raw material of this shoe. So the construction quality is beyond awesome and it can provide long-lasting performance even if used roughly.
- The comfort level is high, thanks to the special manufacturing method.
- The design is wide and specifically meant to provide excellent fitting. Also, the color looks great and appealing.
- The suitability to any golf ground is also great and it doesn’t damage the turf with the spikes.
- It has synthetic soles and foam padding to ensure light cushioning feel.
- Excellent for long day use and doesn’t feel tight.
- Very lightweight and ground-friendly shoes.
- The design is excellent.
- Very long-lasting.
- The water resistance is helpful.
- Affordable price range.
- There is no arch.
2. ECCO Biom Hybrid 2 Golf Shoes
Best women’s golf shoes for heel pain & achilles tendonitis
The ECCO Biom Hybrid 2 is the finest spikeless golf shoe that provides a bunch of features to make your golf game stand out. This model from the ECCO has received the best-seller tag.
Here are the features you’ll get with this shoe:
- The design is eye-catching. This shoe will definitely make an impression on your golf buddies. The color, the outlook as well as the design really stand out and make you look like a lady pro in the game.
- It is super light. It feels like you’ve worn nothing and as a woman that’s what we appreciate. So for anyone who wants to have a light golf shoe can undoubtedly go for it.
- This is the best golf shoes for women that are made of YAK leather, the most breathing piece of material ever. The combination of leather with the Hydromax procedure brings you the best experience even if you have to use it in rough weather.
- To make stability extremely good, the manufacturer has installed two-tone sole that can provide you great comfort while walking on the turf.
- As a spikeless shoe, the main concern is about the grip. With Ecco, there’s no such concern since they provide excellent grip.
- You get a comfortable and flexible fit.
- The price isn’t too much for an average golfer.
- Excellent grip and stable during swings.
- The design will give you a rich feel.
- Not easy to clean.
3. Adidas Adizero Sports II Golf Shoes
Best womens golf shoes for high arches & Wet weather
There is nothing new to say about Adidas. Everyone knows that Adidas is the Big Daddy when it comes to sports shoes. This model from the Adidas is equipped with high-end features as well as a beautiful design.
These are the features you’ll get with Adidas Women’s Adizero II Golf Shoe:
- This golf shoe is designed to provide you with maximum comfort. Anyone looking for a comfy and light shoe can rely on this model from Adidas.
- To deliver peak performance, the manufacturer has included all the rudimentary elements in the shoe with a special engineering process.
- The material is 100% synthetic, so there’s no need to worry about the quality. The fabric is good enough to provide long-lasting performance.
- The sole in this shoe is also synthetic and good enough to provide optimum comfort.
- The Climaproof protection is included to provide the user supreme lightweight feel and experience.
- The stability is top class, thanks to the TPU layer that comes over the upper segment. It makes sure that the user can enjoy as much flexibility as possible.
- The grip is well-capable of keeping you stable on the ground and make the swing on point.
- The water resistance feature keeps the shoe in good shape even during rainy seasons.
- Good looking shoe with stylish design.
- Comfortable to wear and use.
- Lightweight and flexible.
- Lasts for a long period of time.
- Comes with Climaproof protection.
- Superior stability.
- Damp grasses might be slippery for this shoe.
4. New Balance NBGW1006 Golf Shoes
Best womens golf shoes for narrow feet, bunions, plantar fasciitis
A golf shoe with a natural feel and fit is exactly what this model from the brand New Balance offers. Their NWGW1006 golf shoe for women has used the minimal running technology that makes it unique from others. The midsole is RevLite which can provide awesome support and cushioning. For the perfect traction, the outsole is designed with spikeless rubber.
This is one of the best women’s golf shoes for plantar fasciitis.
- The material used to make this golf shoe is hundred percent mesh which is meant to optimize the durability of the shoe.
- The rubber sole is included to provide a good traction and grip. Slippery grounds can be risky when you play golf and with this shoe, you don’t have to worry about getting slipped.
- The spikeless rubber outsole is also available for a better experience with grip technology.
- There is also a four mm drop with a Revlite midsole that compliments any tough situations.
- The insole is made of Ortholite technology, so the user will definitely feel content with the comfort.
- This shoe provides a snug fit and comfy to wear.
- Very lightweight and flexible in different turfs.
- Made of 100% mesh material.
- Perfect for long day use.
- Looks great on almost anyone.
- Uses Ortholite technology.
- Comfortable Revlite midsole.
- Keeps you focused on the game without any worry.
- The shoe can be a bit shoddy sometimes.
5. Adidas Adicross IV Golf Shoes
Best womens golf shoes for wide feet
If comfort and style is the main concern with you then you can definitely opt for this model from Adidas. This is a high-quality women golf shoe which is one of the most popular models among modern ladies. Along with a very unique design and outlook, it also provides many appreciable features.
Here are the features you’ll get with Adidas Women’s W Adicross IV Shoe:
- To make sure that the user can enjoy an optimal fit, it is designed with a Lace-up front.
- Also, extra comfort and ease are promoted in this high-quality shoe with cushioned collar and tongue.
- The shoe is extremely lightweight and so it provides optimum comfort to the user with the special cushioning fitted inside the sock liner known as EVA cushioning.
- The shoe is made of original leather. Furthermore, synthetic elements are used in this shoe to provide longer durability.
- The rubber sole is responsible to offer the best possible grip on the ground while playing golf.
- The high functioning lugs are used and placed in a strategic way so that the grip remains outstanding.
- The combination of leather and synthetic elements provide incredible durability.
- This brand is extremely reliable.
- Comes with two different color shades that are suitable for most female golfers.
- The cushioned tongue provides a boosted comfort level.
- The sizes can be a bit confusing.
6. ECCO Biom Hybrid Hydromax II Golf Shoes
Best for all weather
The Ecco brand is world-famous for their spikeless shoes. Recently the sale of their spikeless golf shoes has increased by 80%. So, you can guess how much demand these shoes have among golfers. This ECCO Biom Hydromax II is known as one of the best women’s golf shoes for walking.
Here are some of the features:
- The weight is 15% lighter than other golf shoes on the market. Also, they provide better comfort and flexibility on the golf ground when you are trying to make a swing and get the perfect shot.
- There’s no breaking in and that’s another plus point of this golf shoe.
- Yak leather is used to make the upper part of the shoe. This material is best for breathability as well as durability. So, the shoe will serve you for a long time.
- Hydromax formula ensures the best water resistance experience that you can ever have so it is absolutely worth your money. Also, there is no hardening when the shoe dries out. The upper part feels soft and flexible and also your feet stay dry and nice for the whole day.
- The two sole provides better firmness.
- Color and design look great.
- Maximum comfort.
- Provides superior stability while performing swings.
- Uses Hydromax formula for weather resistance.
- Better grip on golf ground.
- Flat feet or fallen arches are not suitable for this shoe.
7. Adidas Climacool II Golf Shoes
Best for hot weather
This is another Adidas golf shoe on our list of 15 best golf shoes for women. Everybody would love an affordable golf shoe that comes in seven different shades. These shoes are perfect at keeping your feet cool and comfy throughout the whole day. Thanks to the Climacool Technology, now golfing turns out to be smoother than ever.
- The 100% textile formulated manufacturing process makes this one a top class golf shoe which is suitable on any kind of golf turf.
- The rubber sole is really comfortable for the feet. The grip is snug and non-sloppy due to the sole fittings. The shaft is almost two and a half inches in the arch.
- The ultra-light feature of this shoe let you enjoy awesome flexibility on the ground. Because of the minimal weight, you won’t get irritated on the field or feel a burden attached to your feet. That is really important since this is mostly the case to disturb the concentration while golfing.
- All the available color shades are beautiful as well as appealing to female golfers. Every lady has her unique preference and Adidas tries to keep that thing in mind. The seven shades will surely provide you with a lot of options to choose from.
- These shoes are really durable and can resist tough situations like a pro.
- A lightweight golf shoe.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Great circulation and breathability,
- The sole is very comfortable.
- Extremely affordable price range.
- 7 available color shades.
- Wet grasses can make it slippery sometimes.
8. PUMA Tustin Slip-on Golf Shoes
Best slip on golf Shoe
There is absolutely nobody in this world who doesn’t know about PUMA. They are the best in business for shoes and their sports shoe collection has some really good looking golf shoes for women. This PUMA women’s Tustin Slip-on Golf-Shoe is a stylish and super lightweight shoe that is designed with reptile prints.
Read also Puma ignite pwradapt golf shoes review in here.
These are the features you’ll get with this Slip-on golf shoe:
- 100% synthetic material provides a strong base of the shoe to handle and stand high in tough situations.
- The rubber sole that is included in this shoe is really suitable for better grip technology. It can hold the shoe in place quite firmly.
- This is a water-resistant golf shoe so you don’t need to worry about getting the shoe spoiled due to water. You can comfortably use this shoe in a rainy climate.
- Other cool features included by the manufacturer are the addition of microfiber, the hidden traction, and extreme flexibility.
- Looks extremely stylish and feminine.
- Comfortable and lightweight.
- The toe box has enough space.
- Doesn’t slip too often.
- The material is breathable.
- Uses better grip technology.
- The arch support can be improved.
9. Adidas Adistar Sports Golf Shoes (Spikeless)
Best for flexibility and grip
This model from the Adidas brand is famous for its signature side strips. This shoe also features a patterned collar and tongue. Its design and look will stand out in almost any golf turf and give you a rich feel.
- The upper part of this golf shoe is made of perforated microfiber that makes it extremely lightweight.S o wearing and walking around with this shoe is pretty comfortable.
- Like all the other models, the comfort and flexibility level of this golf shoe is just spot on. This one too gives you a feeling of not wearing a burden on your feet which is amazing.
- The synthetic sole is included for providing traction. You’ll also get stretch mesh lining with the shoe. This full-length boot style is quite unique and fascinating.
- The instant stability and long-lasting durability are also a major plus point of this golf shoe.
- Easy to wear.
- Highly stable and holds firmly on the ground.
- Affordable price range.
- Made of perforated microfiber.
- Extremely lightweight.
- Synthetic sole provides better traction.
- Longer durability.
- The built-in fabric feels uncomfortable to some golfers.
10. Skechers Go Walk 2 Backswing Golf Shoes
Best womens golf shoes for plantar fasciitis
The next golf shoe on our list is from the Sketchers brand. This shoe is much suited for walking which is perfect for beginner-level golfers. It includes all the essential features that will help all novice golfers to enjoy the game without investing a ton of money.
- The material is completely synthetic and quite capable to perform for a long period of time.
- The included rubber sole is awesome at providing traction on the golf ground.
- The shoe is amazingly lightweight. You’ll also find it very comfortable and flexible to wear. It doesn’t slip or feel too tight and the feet stay cool and comfy.
- The midsole cushioning is a Resalyte type. So, the feet feel super cozy and walking with this feels fantastic.
- The outsole is spikeless and the Resagrip feature provides extreme traction.
- Perfect beginner’s shoe that doesn’t cost a fortune.
- Great for walking and sports.
- Eye-catching design and very sporty look.
- Available in comfortable fittings.
- Stays dry in wet condition for a long time.
- Resalyte type mid-cushion.
- Resagrip feature provides awesome traction.
- Can get a bit sloppy on wet grassy areas.
11. DAWGS Womens Golf Shoes
Best womens golf shoes for narrow feet
All the ladies who are looking for a golf shoe that is ultra-light can opt for this model from DAWGS. This golf shoe has the best lightweight feature which will never put you in pain or discomfort while playing. The stabilizing heel cup is the unique part of this shoe that helps to stabilize your ankles and feet. So there is no fear of injury!
Let’s look at the features this golf shoe offers:
- Synthetic material is used to make this golf shoe and the manufacturing process involves the latest technology to provide ultra-lightness. It’s irritating to bear a heavy weight on your feet when you are trying to play golf. Sothe golf shoe being lightweight is extremely important.
- The synthetic sole included in this shoe can provide an excellent grip on the turf. The rubber spikes are placed in a strategic manner which can provide much better durability and performance to the user. The grip allows better safety since the player might not concentrate and slip on wet grassy areas.
- An arch support footbed comes along with this shoe to ensure that the player never feels tired or discomfort. Also, the cooling ventilation system keeps the feet comfy throughout the whole day. This means you would be able to practice or play for a longer time. Even some golfers have claimed to use it throughout the whole day.
- This shoe is available in different sizes so you can get the perfect fitting. Some other brands fail here and have only a limited number of sizes available.
- The cleaning and maintenance require minimal effort which is also a plus point.
- Extremely lightweight shoe.
- Can be worn on wet grassy turf.
- It is stink resistant so there will be no bad odor.
- The lacing system is Velcro strap.
- The lacing system is Velcro strap.
- The heel cushioning is thick enough.
- Synthetic sole provides excellent grip
- Arch support footbed is included with the shoe.
- Available in a wide range of sizes.
- The shoe sometimes feels smaller than the actual size.
12. Skechers Go Golf Blade 2 Walking Shoes
Best for increased control
Another best golf shoes for women is the Skechers Blade 2 golf shoe. This shoe has combined technology and comfort to provide something that is great for any kind of sports. The shoe’s midsole is low drip type and the water-resistance feature makes room for better usability.
Here are the features in details:
- For better comfortability and performance the manufacturer has included low drip midsole. Also, the waterproof shield is the H2GO type which makes sure that the user enjoys the best water resistance experience. The midsole is dual density Resalyte kind. The insole system is great to keep your feet comfortable throughout the whole day. Both of them are cushioned.
- The outsole allows greater traction system which also permits changeable soft spikes. So when you wear these shoes you don’t have to worry about experiencing any slippage on the ground while you are trying to focus on a particular shot. This feature ensures the safety of a golfer which is very important.
- Other features that highlight this shoe are: moisture lining, footbed and stabilized midfoot portion. The combination of all these features provides the finest golf shoe possible with minimum budget. Anybody who works for an average scale salary can easily afford this excellent pair of shoes without making things too heavy on the purse.
- The waterproof feature is very handy and useful.
- Easy to maintain and cleaning is also simple.
- Doesn’t get muddy easily.
- Can endure tough situations.
- Lightweight and flexible.
- Dual-density Resalyte midsole.
- The color options are limited.
13. Adidas Climacool Knit Golf Shoes
Best womens golf shoes for beginners
This Adidas Climacool Golf Shoe is another awesome Adidas product that needs to be mentioned in the list. This is also a beginner-friendly golf shoe that makes sure to provide every basic functions and feature to its user. The quality of the shoes is quite impressive in this price range. Not the best golf shoes for women but undoubtedly an appreciable one.
- This Adidas Women’s Climacool Golf Shoe is completely manufactured from 100% textile. The durability is quite good and a decent amount of endurance is noticeable in this pair of golf shoe.
- The synthetic sole is also present in the shoe to make sure the user gets good grip and traction on the field. The grip needs to be good enough to hold the player firmly on the ground to prevent any kind of slipping. Otherwise, the whole game can turn out to be a nightmare.
- The breathability is a major feature that this shoe offers. The upper material of this golf shoe is specially engineered in a unique procedure. The lateral stability that Adidas Climacool shoe provides is highly appraisable.
- The cushioning is ultra-light like most other Adidas shoes and so it’s comfortable to wear and play with. The feet will feel no pain or discomfort, thanks to this unique feature.
- The mid-sole area is wide and spacious to deliver the perfect stability and flexibility that any lady golfer would require. This feature allows the player to deliver a perfect shot.
- Spikeless feature in the outsole gives perfect traction.
- The flexibility is enhanced and improved.
- Velcro straps offer better support.
- Cloud foam is included.
- The design is eye-catching.
- Comfortable to wear throughout the whole day.
- Not enough spikey for certain situations.
14. Skechers Performance Go Golf Elite 2 Tour Golf Shoes
Best waterproof ladies golf shoes
The Skechers Go Golf Elite Golf Shoe has become a top choice of most of the female golfers since it was first released. This shoe has received the top position on comfort list of most golf players. The shoe is made of premium leather which is one of the major reasons for its up-surging popularity.
- The clean and contemporary look that this shoe provides is awesome to maintain proper golf attire. The leather is charcoal shade and looks great with red loops. The upscale finish is maintained with the red stitching which looks very appealing.
- As I have said before, the leather is premium and good enough to provide maximum comfort. The form-fitting is on point and the lining that is used inside ensures better breathability to keep your feet dry and cozy. The cushioning around the ankle is also great.
- The traction system is quite well and can uphold perfect grip on most of the golf grounds which is excellent. This ensures you can give enough attention to playing the game without worrying about slipping.
- The finest traction system to ensure maximum stability.
- Comfortable even if worn the whole day.
- Really good looking and proper for the summer look.
- Made of premium leather.
- Perfect form-fitting.
- High breathability.
- There needs to be better water-resistance.
15. Crocs Literide Pacer Sneakers For Golf
Best tennis shoes for golf
The last and final golf shoe in out fifteen best golf shoes for women list is the crocs literide pacer sneakers. This shoe is better suited for any type of climate and does a moderate job as a beginner level golf shoe. So this Crocs Drayden Golf Shoe can be a perfect fit for all young ladies trying to join the golf club. This golf shoe can be a great addition to any beginner’s golf kit.
- The material is 100% synthetic, so the appearance of this shoe is simply a visual treat. This is a classic type of golf shoe that gives a traditional look to the golfer. A synthetic sole is also included.
- There are various size ranges available to choose from. So there’s no need to worry about not getting the perfect fit.
- The comfort level is amazing and the flexibility is on point. This beginner level golf shoe will do a rudimentary job to protect your feet from the rough weather and keep them comfortable the whole day.
- The rubberized inside feels cozy and the grip system is also well enough to keep you stand firm on the golfing turf while swinging a shot.
- The comfort level is excellent.
- A wide range of size is available.
- Lightweight and easy to maintain.
- Foot feels secure.
- There’s no breaking in period needed.
- The toe box is spacious.
- The design looks classy.
- Provides good grip when golfing.
- Arch support is absent.
How to Buy The Best Golf Shoes for Women?
In order to buy the best golf shoes for women, you’ll have to keep several factors in mind. Here are the factors in details:
What are Golf Shoes?
All sports have their individual sports gears ranging from fixtures to shoes. In the same way, one of the vital aspects of getting your game correct in golf are the shoes. When playing golf, you will have to wear proper golf shoes. These shoes are specifically designed by having spikes. The spikes help to have a grip on the surface while swinging.
Conventional golf shoes are made of leather and come with a posh design. However, these days golf shoes vary in so many ways. With so many choices available these days, it can be a confusing task to figure out what shoes you must go for. Golf shoes are specifically made for walking on different types of golf grounds. These form an essential part of your entire golf clothing. On maximum golf courses, non-athletic shoes of any type are not allowed.
The Difference between Men and Women Golf Shoes
Corresponding to recent studies, men on average own one pair of golf shoe while women often own multiple pairs. This makes clear why we are seeing hundreds of new styles and designs in golf shoes that are exceptionally geared toward females.
The manufacturers know if they can create more than a few different styles of golf shoe for women, then they will have a better possibility to sell more shoes as women often tend to buy more than a single pair. A number of brands are now focusing on making the best golf shoes for women that women of all types of preference would love to buy.
Men golf shoes are very average looking and mostly look the same. On the other hand, women can find a wide range of style and colors to choose from. Golf shoes are one of the most vital pieces of your entire golf attire and women now have a collection to choose from as large, or larger, than men do. Most of the companies now have an entire section to sell women golf shoes only.
Understanding Shoe Terms
There are a few terms that you must know to effectively differentiate among various type of shoes. These shoe terms will help you a lot to find the perfect golf shoe.
Last: The term Last is widely known as a wooden block where a shoe is made.
Sole: There are mainly three types of soles: insole, midsole, and outsole. The first one means the segment where front footrests. The midsole denotes the mid-section of the foot resting area and the last one describes the very bottom area.
Footbed: The insole is sometimes also called as Footbed.
Upper and Welt: The top part of the shoe is known as upper and the stitched leather around the outsole is called welt.
Waterproof vs Water-resistant: If the body of the shoe doesn’t get spoiled when it comes in contact with water, we say the shoe is waterproof or water resistant. These shoes are made in a special way to prevent the water from entering inside the shoe. Basically, waterproof and water resistance denote the degree to which water is prevented from entering.
Toe Box: The toe box is a dome type structure that stays over the toes.
Tongue: The Tongue is a material that is stitched into the laced shoe’s vamp.
Heel Counter: To line the inside heel of the shoe, a plastic piece is used known as the heel counter.
Throat: Lastly, the throat denotes the entry part of the shoe.
These are some of the common terms you must know to start understanding shoes.
Needless to say, whatever shoe you are going for, you need to get the precise size. The last where that the golf shoe is made has much to do with getting the right fit. So it’s important to check out the sizing guides online for golf shoes if you are buying them online.
When selecting between two sizes, it is better to opt upwards in size. That way your feet will constantly fit comfortably, even at the end of the day. Shoes that are somewhat large allow room to add gel insoles that may help keep your feet cozy during a long day of golf.
The first thing you would notice about your golf shoes is that they are lighter than your everyday shoes and tire you out less. The next thing you may notice is that the bottom of the shoe offers you a more secure fitting, which in turn helps to get a better swing. Not all golf shoes have cleats, some have specially designed soles and others have pressure cups.
One of the major things that you should consider while buying golf shoe is the type of sole it has.The sole can be spiked or spike-less. Spiked golf shoes are the finest because they ensure that the golfer will have a firm grip and won’t slip while swinging a shot.
A few years back, there were grave restrictions on playing with spiked shoes in countless golf courses because of the fact that back then the spikes were made of metals which left huge marks on the turf. If you want to buy the best golf shoes for women that can effectively be used both in wet and dry courses, then you should go for the new rubber spiked ones.
The insole is generally made of a resilient foam pad that is sized to shell the heel area of the shoe with the aim of offering a tactile pressure to the rear foot. The front insole is also intended to raise the centerline to confirm that the rolling of the front foot is perfect.
Stability and Flexibility
The shoes that are best for golf are thought to be the ones which deliver stability and traction during the whole play. It is very vital that you maintain your feet traction while you are preparing to hit a golf ball. Feet traction and constancy will ensure that you transfer the energy from the golf club to the ball in a consistent manner which in turn helps to get a perfect shot.
You need your shoes to move with you and give you flexibility throughout your swing. Always remember to practice the full range of a swing motion as soon as you are trying on a pair of golf shoes.
When picking golf shoes, comfortability is a major factor to consider. Look for shoes that make you comfortable and cozy. The shoe needs to be lighter too. The heavier the shoe, the more tired your legs would be at the end of each round of play. Continuously try on golf shoes until you find the perfect one for you.
Shoes that are too huge or too small can cause blisters and foot cramps during play. Try out the shoes with a pair of socks similar to those that you would wear on the course.
Select golf shoes that breathe well. Most golf shoes in the market lack breathability which makes your feet tired, particularly after playing in a warm weather all day. Breathability is what prevents your feet from getting tired even after playing throughout the whole day.
Different Types of Golf Shoes
These days there are hundreds of types of golf shoes available in the market. Let’s take a closer look at different types of golf shoes:
First, there is the golf sandal which is the latest type of shoe for golf. There are numerous golfers who like the lightweight feel of this kind of shoe. Wearing golf sandals is very comfortable.
There is also another type known as the spikeless golf shoes. As the name suggests, these shoes don’t have any spikes. The spiked ones are breathable and have spikes on the bottom like classic golf shoes.
Next, there are the classic spiked sneakers. They are the most common type of golf shoe. These shoes are all-around best for golfing due to the water resistance, cool styles, and ease.
The rarest type of golf shoe is the golf boot. The boot provides extra waterproof shield and warmness. Golf boots are best for using in the winter.
Types of Material
The most common material used for making golf shoes is leather. Leather works the finest cause it makes the shoe stretch free, well-fitting and waterproof. Linings within the shoe also vary. Some linings inside the shoe are waterproof which is also known as Gore-Tex.
The other kind of shoe lining is the polyester. Polyester is less costly than the Gore-Tex lining. Also, in the case of Polyester lining, it is spread throughout the whole inner shoe. This is what shelters the shell of the shoe.
Spikes are also very important for golf shoes. In present times, you have plastic spikes. Back in the day, there were metal spikes but it was causing too much damage to the golf course. So nowadays we have the ones that are made of plastic. There are also some golf shoes that come with ‘new fitting spikes’.
The Lacing of the Shoe
There are different types of lacing for a golf shoe. Most lacing system uses a single lace of aircraft grade stainless steel on a winding method. Once the lace is increased properly, it locks in place. There are generally 2 types of laces. The 1st one is the traditional laces that we have in regular shoes and another type has a Velcro instead.
Getting the Perfect Fit
Getting the perfect fit is a must no matter what type of shoe it is. Try out the shoe and walk around the shop to see how it feels. Do not be taken in by the concept that shoes have to be broken in. If the shoes do not feel comfortable when you put them on, they would not feel good after hours on the golf turf.
Certain women’s golf shoes come with mixture widths for a more flawless fit. Whatever size is correct for you, you will discover it by trying on shoes as necessary.
The Style of Shoe
As I have mentioned before, there are many variations of golf shoes on the market. You can pick a leather type shoe, which has an improved look and more of a classical appeal. On the other hand, you can choose a sneaker type shoe. These are known to be more relaxed and provide a wider fit. These shoes provide a bit of extra room so you are comfy all day long.
Water Resistance & Water-Proof
Another trait of the best golf shoes for women is their ability and competency to keep water out from coming inside the shoe. This allows the golfers to play in wet condition too. You must go for golf shoes that have at least a one-year waterproof guarantee. You may often hear the terms water-resistance and waterproof. There is a slight difference between those.
Waterproof shoe means that the shoe is completely impermeable to water. On the other hand, water-resistance doesn’t necessarily indicate that the shoe is 100% impermeable to water.
Price and Quality
Sports shoes are generally costlier than regular shoes and golf shoes are no exception. If you want to get the finest quality, then you can’t hope for low prices. Good quality costs money.
You should aim for higher-quality, not low price. Try to get the highest-quality golf shoe that your budget permits. Generally, a pricier shoe lasts longer than an inexpensive shoe because of the better quality that is used in the production.
The Benefit of Buying a Golf Shoe
You may wonder whether golf shoes are really that much essential for a golfer. After all, they can be pretty pricey compared to other sports shoes in the market. To make things clear, here I am explaining in details why golf shoes are an absolute necessity for playing golf:
- First, normal shoes do not have the vital traction that is mandatory for playing golf. Golf shoes typically have extra traction on the soles. Unlike normal shoes, golf shoes come with spikes that are necessary to keep you steady on any golf course.
- Secondly, the regular non-golf athletic shoe will have no weather defense mechanism. Now, you may be thinking that you are never going to play golf in the drizzle. However, you might be playing on grass that is dewy or wet from the night before. A tennis shoe can get soaked rapidly even from just moist grass. The last thing you would want to do is walk around in wet shoes. It is very uncomfortable. Typical golf shoes will give you certain water-resistant defense and the higher end shoes will offer a thorough waterproof defense.
- Lastly, a golf shoe is a vital part of any golfer’s attire. You do not want to look incomplete on the golf course. Even at community courses, approximately 90% of the golfers would have golf shoes on. In fact, now most golf courses made wearing golf shoes compulsory. So, you’ll not be able to play without a proper golf shoe.
In short, if you want to get better at playing golf and reach the professional level, having proper golf shoes is a must.
Golf Shoe Maintenance
The most important thing you can do after buying the golf shoe is to take care of them. Before you rip them off and put them in the trunk of your vehicle, put shoe trees in them first. Shoe trees draw the dampness (sweat) out of your golf shoes.
You can also keep them comparatively clean by simply cleaning them down with your golf cloth after every match. With regular maintenance, your golf shoes will surely serve you for years.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does a golf shoe affect the golf course?
Actually it depends on the shoe. At past, golf shoes were equipped with metal spikes. These metal spikes were doing harm on the golf course. So, now, most golf shoes come with plastic spikes. These plastic spikes are safe for any type of golf course.
What difference metal spikes and plastic nubs have on my golf shoes?
Golf shoes have metal spikes or plastic nubs placed on the sole. While the spikes have an undesired consequence on the field, the plastic nubs are just what you require. These plastic nubs keep your feet safe and offer the golfer better footing and more solid posture.
On the other hand, metal spikes are harmful to golf courses. That’s why these days most golf courses restricted golf shoes with metal spikes.
What are the golf course policies on shoes?
Golf course policies can have an impression in different ways. For one thing, most golf courses do not permit shoes with hard metal spikes on their tracks. The soft spikes have almost taken over metal spikes. If you want to be sure whether your golf shoe is okay or not, contact your local golf course.
So, this is my detailed guide on the best women’s golf shoes. Though it can be pretty hard to get a good pair of golf shoes for women, all the shoes mentioned in this article will surely provide you the best value for your money. You just need to pick one that suits your preference and requirement.
Most girls have a tendency to think that picking shoes are mainly about style and look, and hence golf shoes tend not to be one of the items that they think about when looking for ways to develop their golf game. Of course, looks are essential to most of us, but picking the right shoe, one that is beneficial and comfortable for both you and your feet really can make a magnificent change to your swing.
So, if you want to level up your golfing skill, do not forget to invest in a good pair of golf shoes. Go through the buying guide carefully so that you can get the best shoes within your budget every time.
If you still have any more questions, do not hesitate to ask in the comment section below. I’ll get to you as soon as I can.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.