Are There Illegal Golf Tees?
The straight answer is- yes, there are!
If you’re a golf player, you must be familiar with the tees; it’s the thing where you put the ball before hitting it with a club. But what are illegal golf tees, and how can you identify them?
Anyway, some conditions can make you choose the right one. Therefore, continue this guide to know the rules regarding the golf tees, and which tees are okay or which are not allowed.
Let’s get started!
What Are the Rules of Golf Tees?
Though many people don’t know, each sport has a rule book that holds all the systems, especially what you can do or use, and what you can’t.
Therefore, golf is no different, and it has s18ome constant changing rules about the tees because the playing shot system has been changing over the years.
Let’s see which qualities golf tees should have to be legal:
- First of all, the length of tees should not be more than 4 inches or 101 mm; you can get tees that complete this condition.
- Secondly, the manufacturing design or sometimes materials should not indicate or manipulate the line of play. For example, if your golf tees manipulate the line length, it will be considered an illegal golf tee.
- Next, the golf tee you are using should not influence the ball’s movement (its velocity or direction); otherwise, it would be against the conforming rule.
Usually, the renowned branded golf tees are made of either wood or plastic & they produce the products keeping the rules in consideration.
You can also follow some techniques to make it right, for instance, cutting the stand to correct the tee’s height.
On the other hand, binding multiple tees together in line with rope is another technique many people follow, but it’s not always appropriate for professional games.
That’s why experts or persons in management usually discourage the techniques of a high-level game.
How to Buy Best Quality Golf Tees?
Let’s see what you should consider before buying any golf tees set because everything depends on your choice.
- You must pick tees that you can lift, but it should be limited, of course; you may also be able to divide that well.
- The design of your golf tees should be perfect that would be playable but not against the rule.
- Please make sure that the golf tees give you a clicking or knocking sound after hitting because that makes you alert.
- You must choose a tee that can control the ball’s speed; you must ensure that the equipment you have bought can maintain the required pace.
- Another thing you should consider before buying a tee is it is easy to place & easy to play.
If you check all the qualities along with the rules, you can have the best quality golf tees, not the illegal ones.
What Tees are Illegal Golf Tees & Why?
Let’s see what are listed as illegal and why they have been tagged so:
- All models of Brush Tees are legal for any international tournament as long as they don’t influence the movement of the balls.
- Rubber trees are technically legal because they don’t exceed 4 inches, but it will be illegal if you apply Vaseline or something oily or greasy on the surface.
- Anti-slice golf tees like ZEROYOYO, Prettyia, RecTeeFier, Gracefulvara are illegal. Because they clearly affect the ball movement and affect between the ball and club impact.
- Two or more tees linked with strings or cords are to be considered non-conforming. But there is some exception to this rule in the winter.
- Tees that are linked to weight or other tools like pitch mark repair tools would be regarded as illegal.
It is a short list, and you don’t have to worry about having fewer options in front of you because most other branded tees are legal for professionals.
Moreover, you are supposed to use a golf tee only for the first shot, and others you will have to do from the holes. Otherwise, it will be an illegal action.
What Golf Tees are Legal to Use in an International Platform?
Let’s see which tees are allowed to use in tournaments or other purposes:
- Four Yards More Tees
- Step Down Tees
- All brands that manufacture perfect height plastic tees.
- The Pride Professional
- The Golfers Club
- Martini Golf Tees
These are some of the many, and you can blindly trust because each of these branded tees is certified & used by professional golfers.
1. Are brush tees legal?
Yes, as long as they don’t affect the golf ball movement.
2. Are step tees legal?
Yes, they are legal for any tournament.
3. Are Flight Path Golf Tees legal?
Yes, these unbreakable & most advanced tees are legal.
4. Are Martini Golf Tees legal?
Yes, after testing all four types of these tees, we can say they are legal. You can play any tournament & track your handicaps with Martini Golf Tees.
5. Are anti slice golf tees legal?
No, clearly they affect the movement of the golf ball and influence the golf ball and club impact to fix golf slice.
6. Are 4 yards more tees legal?
Yes, these tees do not violate any rules. These tees are used by the Champions tour’s Gil Morgan.
You can get tees for your sport apart from the non-conforming golf tees for practice or the tournament, but no matter which one you are selecting, you should be careful, and wise.
Moreover, you can also consider about your comfortable move, obviously after following the rules.
The golf tees are available at affordable prices, and you don’t need to worry as an apprentice; your club may influence your choice as well.