As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There is no extra cost to you. Thank you if you use our links; we appreciate it! Learn More.
If you are familiar with golfing in the golf courses, then obviously you are familiar with golf carts as well. Golf carts are small vehicles that are used to carry the golfers and their accessories. It reduces the stresses of walking all around the huge area covered with green.
There are various types of golf carts out there. Like two seated, four seated and so on. Even, they are categorized through their functional abilities as well. In this article, we are going to discuss some significant Types of golf carts along with their pros and cons, so that you can figure out which one is the best pick for you.
Different Types Of Golf Carts
Golf carts are of different categories according to their seating capacity, carriage space, the power consumption etc. Here we will emphasize mainly on the 7 most popular genres of golf carts. We will know about these vehicles and try to figure out their pros and cons.
So, let’s begin the adventure of knowing different types of golf carts.
Electric Golf Carts
Electric golf carts, an emerging phenomenon in the revolution of golf carts. They run on rechargeable batteries. So it’s a completely environment-friendly machine. That is why it has reached the peak of popularity among all the golf players and enthusiasts. Now let’s check a few more interesting facts about it.
- Like we mentioned before, these types of golf carts are totally environment friendly, as they produce no single emission.
- Electronic golf carts do not require any specialized maintenance procedure. So, it’s pretty easy to maintain.
- As these are electricity-powered vehicles, they produce very little noise. So, It’s user friendly as well.
- And the best part, these carts coat very less.
Just like the bright sides, these carts have some drawbacks as well. Such as:
- As they are run on batteries, it’s hard to estimate the longevity of its power after one charging session. Moreover, the recharging process is quite hard in many opinions.
- You can’t remove the battery from the cart just to recharge, so you have to bring the whole cart in the recharging station.
- The carts can’t be recharged on-site if it runs out of power. In simple words, you don’t have any recharging options from them apart from recharging stations.
Push Golf Carts
Push carts have nowadays become very popular because it makes your golf experience less hectic, requires no power source apart from some elbow grease, you can move straight from one hole to another.
It also spares your opportunities to gossip with your friends while moving around. So, let’s check some other pros and cons of push golf carts.
- It ensures your physical exercise. As you have no other options rather than walking with the cart, you get to burn a few more calories alongside golfing.
- These are very Light-weighted carts, so very easy to move along with these.
- Again, no power resources, so no emissions in the environment. Preserves the green.
- You can customize your push according to your wishes. So your cart, your choice, in your way.
- Rough movement of push golf carts can damage the green surface.
- Every golfer has to carry his/her pushcart. There’s no scope for merging the toiling.
- If you are on a very big golf course, with your push golf cart, then you will have to walk and cover quite a long distance.
Pull Golf Carts
Pulling golf carts are almost similar to the pushcarts. The main difference between these two is in the number of wheels. Just like, pushcarts come with at least 3 wheels, pull carts come with 2. There is a resting edge on the place of the 3rd wheel, which will hold your bag.
So, all you do is, lift the front edge of the cart a little bit, then pull the cart.
Now, let’s see some other facts.
- Again, it ensures physical exercise.
- Easy to carry and walk.
- Not very much expensive.
- Zero carbon emission.
- Requires more physical effort.
- Sometimes, it’s hard to control these carts in sloppy terrains.
- Due to its light-weight build structure, it can’t carry much load.
Still, there remains a more pressing question- Which is better? Pushing or Pulling the Golf cart?
Remote Controlled Golf Carts
If carrying your heavy golf bag is lagging your enjoyment on a sunny day of golfing, you should seek some other available options for carrying that heavy thing. In this case, remote-controlled golf carts can be very handy for you.
Moving this cart is just like driving a remote control toy car with a remote. So, you can just walk relentlessly on the course without the hard work of carrying that bag or pushing the cart. Now let’s look upon some other interesting facts about these carts.
We reviewed a fantastic remote golf cart named Spin it GC1R here.
- It has a four-way directional remote control, which means you can move it towards any direction you want to.
- It has a big display console with several indicators like battery health, the distance you have covered, movement speed etc.
- They usually contain strong batteries for better service.
- There’s always a smaller fifth wheel to add more stability to the cart.
- Easily collapsible or foldable. So, carrying such is never a big deal.
- Such golf carts are of higher prices. And the maintenance of it will scratch your pockets too.
- Many of the carts are of the thin wheel based, so that can affect the mobility and weight carrying capacity of the cart.
Gas Golf Carts
Gas golf carts, the classic one. Well, in many opinions it can be used as a full-time vehicle!! Just kidding. But indeed it has the functions of a full-fledged vehicle.
These carts have two/four-stroke engines, which are powered through fuel, mostly petrol. That means it is quite a powerful cart and can carry a lot of loads. Also, it can move faster, generate more speed and so on.
Usually, they have 4 seats along with carriage spacing. So, in the vast and large golf courses, gas golf carts come handy. Now, let’s check out some other interesting facts about these carts.
You can make this carts Street legal by making some changes & can enjoy driving around the road. To make it street legal you’ll need proper golf cart accessories.
- They provide faster speed and capacity of carrying heavier loads.
- Can be driven on the roads, and they are actually faster on the roads.
- The refilling process of gas-driven carts is pretty simple. You just put the re-filler nozzle in the designated spot and re-fill it.
- Due to its stronger engine, such carts are very much effective in driving towards upward slopes and hilly areas.
- As these carts are fuel-driven, they generate more pollution. So, gas golf carts do not show much environmental friendliness.
- These carts have to go through a lot of maintenance processes.
- They produce a lot of noise, so it can be a concentration breaker for other golfers.
Luxury/Club Car Golf Carts
This is the exotic genre of the golf cart industry. If money is not an issue to you and you are looking for the absolute best experience for driving golf carts, then Club car golf carts or Luxury golf carts will match the perfect deal for you. Starting from looks, performances and comfort, these are the best.
So, let’s get to know some more facts about these carts:
- They look stunningly gorgeous and very much comfortable to ride on.
- Come with high-performance suspensions.
- More powerful engines and ensures a high-quality driving experience.
- Very much effective in various terrains and hilly areas.
- Light-weight aluminum built body. So, no fear of getting rusts on the body.
- Way more expensive than any regular golf carts.
- Parts are highly expensive, and sometimes it’s really difficult to find some spare parts for buying.
- Uses a lot of energy, regardless of fuel or battery.
- Requires a lot of maintenance.
Some Other Genres
Adaptive Golf Carts
A very noble machine. If someone has physical disabilities to stand up properly, but strong shoulders or sheer willpower for playing golf, then they can surely take the help of adaptive golf carts. The single-seated carts have some extraordinary features like:
- The ParaGolfer carts are adaptive wheelchairs, which can raise the seat and the person sitting on it to a standing position. From there, you will get more shoulder movement spacing, good enough to get a club swinging.
- The SoloRider carts are single-use golf carts which are operated with hand controls. The pivoting seat can be turned into 230 degrees and the seat can be raised up to 12 inches.
- Such carts have enough spaces to carry a person, his golf bag and a small dustbin.
- These are mostly used by elderly people, physically challenged persons and by whom who had a severe spinal injury or similar issues.
And, to be honest, there are no logical cons of these carts have been found. After all, these carts are doing an amazing job and letting almost everyone to have the opportunity to play golf. So, what can be bad about these?
Extreme Golf Carts
- Specially designed for extreme areas like rough surfaces and hilly terrains.
- They have bigger tires and very strong suspensions. So, fit for any conditions.
- Build quality is very high and these carts are very strong.
- Very much difficult to control in some cases. Requires expert driving experience.
- Can’t carry much load.
- In many cases, they do not provide much comfort.
- Maintenance of such carts, in many cases, are pretty hectic and expensive.
Everything has its own positive and negative aspects. Golf carts are no different from that. There are many Types of golf carts and each one of them has its unique features. It’s nearly impossible to find all the facilities in one particular product.
That is why, in this article, we have shown you several types of Golf carts pros and cons, so that you can find the right pick for you according to your capacity and the features that the golf carts offer.
- Know about golf cart Accidents and injuries
- Best ways of Increasing Swing Speed in Golf
- Why do pro golfers not use carts?
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.