You are leaving the next morning for the golf trip that you have booked along with all your friends. What if you reach the course on the very initial day, you find most of your equipment damaged? Yes, that’s why Best Golf Travel Bags are necessary.
Golf Travel Bags are undoubtedly very vital aspects of the sport. Golf is pretty expensive with all its expensive drivers, clubs and more. You surely do not want to harm these costly products. This is why it is very important to choose the best golf travel bag for the money.
Golf Travel Bags come with various features at different price ranges. The market is full of Golf Travel Bags. And among the vast crowd, it becomes pretty hard to choose the correct golf travel bag for you.
In order to buy the Best Golf club Travel Bag, you need to test them. However, we have made it way easier for you by compiling the best golf travel bags currently leading the market. You can choose any of this bag without putting any of your money at risk.
So, without taking more time, let’s dig right into the list of Best Golf Travel Bags Reviews.
Best Golf Travel Bags Reviews
CaddyDaddy Constrictor 2 Golf Bag Travel Cover
This Golf Travel Bag with Wheels deserves to be talked of first. CaddyDaddy has been providing great golf travel bags for years and this is another genius one from their great collection. The bag is designed really well to fulfill the demands of the users.
It is easy to carry, can carry up to 10” cart bags and also have great security for your gears with TSA lock and high-performance zippers. The external and internal straps compress to keep your clubs in place. These are heavily padded in specific regions to ensure more protection of your gears. They are collapsible which makes it even easier to carry as if it already wasn’t, and it is also beneficial for storage.
Overall, these golf travel bags provide great quality for the money.
- Easier to push or pull with the in-line skate wheels
- Heavily padded
- Ability to accommodate all bags up to 10” cart bags
- Internal and external cinch straps
- Easier to carry with the collapsible feature
- Vast pockets for essential equipment
- 2 big side pockets with lockable zippers
- 1800 denier nylon construction
- Use of TSA locks for greater security
- Weighs around 9 pounds, with 13” x 50” x 15” inches measurements
- High-quality Golf Travel Bag with Wheels that makes it easier to carry
- Ensures safety of your Golf clubs and Golf gears
- 1-year full bag warranty
- Variety of options to choose from
- Reliable Golf Travel Bag for money
- You have to be careful with the in-line wheels as they can be easily damaged by a bump
- As it’s a large bag, it requires a lot of space.
IZZO Golf Travel Bags
One of the Best Golf Travel Bag for the Money is this simple IZZO Golf Padded Golf Travel Cover. If you are on a tight budget and yet looking for a quality Golf Travel Bag, this is the one.
This Lightweight Golf Travel Bag comes in a rather simple design. The Soft padded case protects your golf clubs from any potential damage. The Strong and tough vinyl base adds up more security to your golf clubs and other golf gears.
This Golf Travel Bag weighs only about 2lbs while providing great service. It has padded carry strap which makes it even easier to carry as if it wasn’t already for its lightweight nature. The wonderful bag provides extra storage by expanding up to 50” tall while it also has the capability to collapses to 7”.
The travel bag is really easy to fold. It is very easy to carry and is great for regular use and is also durable. All this comes at a really low price which makes it worth the money.
- Soft padded case for the sake of your club’s protection
- Lightweight bag, weighs around 3.4 pounds
- Includes a Padded Carry Strap
- Tough vinyl base
- Expands up to 51” x 14” x 12” and collapses to 14” x 12” x 7.5”
- Affordable, and one of the Best Golf Travel Bags for Money
- Very lightweight, approximately around 3.4 pounds only
- Golf gears and clubs are protected by the Soft Padded Case design
- The strong vinyl base is strong and also durable, providing an extra layer of protection
- Easy to fold
- Can be easily carried
- Does not contain wheels
- Not really great quality for professionals, however a great deal for regular golfers
- Cannot be carried over the shoulder
SKB 2SKB-4814W Deluxe ATA Golf Travel Case
Talking of the Best Golf Travel Bags, the SKB 2SKB-4814W Deluxe ATA Golf Travel Case comes into the mind really quick. One of the highest quality travel case you can think of. It has the Best Golf Travel Bag reviews.
The case is filled with high-quality stuff. The outer part of the golf travel bag is constructed with Military-grade Polyethylene which is famous for its high-grade molecular weight that gives it a solid hard vibe to it. The design is professional too.
The Travel Bag has enough space for the instruments and also for other additional belongings. It has a dimension of 49” x 16”. The case ensures high security for your clubs with three TSA locks. And the hard-outer layer protects your clubs from any damage.
- It has a Hefty design
- Clasps and locks quickly
- The outer part of the bag is made of military grade polyethylene with high-grade molecular weight
- Internal dimensions are 49” x 16”
- High security with 3Locks (TSA approved) that open with only one key
- Has paddings for extra safety and has the option to attach compression straps
- No chance of your golf clubs and gears being damaged
- Keeps your equipment safe with TSA locks
- Easy to push and pull with in-line wheels
- One of the Best Golf Travel Bags for Professionals
- High-resistant case that is water resistant and also dirt and dust resistant
- Has big enough space to fit your other additional accessories
- The polyethylene material allows the bag to be very durable
- Has a professional and premium look
- Million-mile guarantee
- Even when the case is empty, the solid hard case consumes pretty good space
- Quite heavy
CaddyDaddy Phoenix Golf Travel Bags
As mentioned above, CaddyDaddy is widely known for providing quality products. Their products are filled with high-quality materials and there is no doubt about that. According to that, the amazing CaddyDaddy Golf Phoenix Travel Bag is also packed with quality.
The Golf Travel Bag is said to be very durable by the users. Very high-quality materials have been used to manufacture this case. 1800D Nylon is used to construct the Golf Phoenix. The security is ensured by the High impact EVA Mold that it includes.
The Golf Travel Case also has in-line skate wheels. The in-line skate wheels allow the users the comfort of pushing and pulling the bag very easily. The feature that adds an extra point to it is the self-standing wheelbase. This really relief the golfers.
The Golf Travel Bag with Wheels also comes with a 1-year replaceable warranty. When it comes about the costing, you get what you pay for. It might be a bit costly but it also provides equal quality. This is certainly one of the Best Golf Travel Bags for Money.
- Constructed with 1800D Nylon material making the bag more durable
- Designed with EVA Mold making the case even more secure
- Includes in-line skate wheels for easy push and pull
- Has self-standing wheelbase
- 3 pockets for storing more gears
- Water resistant body
- Good quality straps and cover
- Water resistant body
- Has durable zippers
- Has 3 pockets for additional stuff
- Good for air travel
- Self-standing wheelbase
- Not easy to carry everywhere
- Can be pretty heavy
- A bit oversized
Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Travel Bag
Another high-quality Golf Travel Bag is this Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Travel Bag. Relentlessly one of the Best Golf Travel Bags for the Money. This bag contains some really different features.
One of the most unique features that this golf travel bag possesses is the leg mechanism that can be extended and retracted in an easy motion. The case is configured with two-way zippers that cover up the complete length of the bag for easy loading and unloading.
The internal cinch straps feature improves the security of your golf clubs and gadgets. It weighs around 11.8 lbs. The internal dimensions are 52” x 14” x 14” that allow more things to fit in the case. The Golf Travel Bag also has two exterior pockets for storing more gadgets and gears. The 1800 Denier Polyester fabric makes the golf travel bag really durable. It is really worth the money.
Read The Full Review: Sun Mountain Clubglider Meridian Travel Bag
- Heavy-duty two-way zippers
- Has internal cinch straps
- 1200 Denier Polyester material is used in the construction
- Contains Pivoting caster wheels
- Has two exterior pockets for keeping gears
- Has an extended leg mechanism
- Internal dimensions are 52” x 14” x 14”
- Weighs around 11.8 lbs
- Can be folded easily
- High-quality materials used
- Strong construction
- Durable case
- Has enough storage for all golf gears
- Has unique leg mechanism with retractable wheels
- Is big in size
- Pretty expensive choice
CaddyDaddy CDX-10 Golf Travel Covers
CaddyDaddy has been supplying amazing quality Golf Travel Bags with wheels with variety. The CaddyDaddy CDX-10 Golf Bag is another good option you get from them.
The Ultra-durable Nylon makes the bag last for a greater period of time. Even when you load the case heavily with stuff it is yet easy to move for the smooth in-line skate wheels. Soft padding from inside and lockable zippers keep your gears safe and sound. The Unique Riveted Handles provide more strength to the bag.
It only weighs 9 lbs and has a dimension of 50” x 13” x 13”.
In spite of having so many features, CaddyDaddy yet hands it to you at a comparatively cheaper rate compared to rest of the travel bags out there that provide similar quality.
- The Ultra-durable Nylon construction makes the travel bag last much longer
- Easy to push and pull with the in-line skate wheels that roll very smoothly even when heavily loaded
- Soft and thick padding and heavy padding on top in the interior that keeps your golf clubs and golf gears safe
- Lockable Zippers help to keep your accessories safe
- Two large extra pockets for carrying additional necessities
- Comes with Unique Riveted Handles that add more strength to it
- Heavy-duty carb rails
- Adjustable clamps that keep your clubs secure
- Has a dimension of 50” x 13” x 13”
- Weighs around 9lbs
- Includes 1-year warranty
- Comes at a relatively affordable price
- As it is a lightweight bag, it is easier to carry
- The extra space doesn’t make the bag look overweight as it is carefully designed to seem just the perfect size
- Less energy is required to push and pull the bag due to its smooth in-line skate wheels
- Lasts very long as it is made with Ultra-durable Nylon fabric
- Padding keeps the clubs and gears safe
- Doesn’t provide colors to choose from, comes only in black
- Although the Nylon fabric is durable, it might not protect your gears from all kind of dangers
Samsonite Golf Hard Sided Travel Cover Case
One of the Best Golf Travel Bag Hard Case for the Money available in the market now is the Samsonite Travel Cover Case. By its name, you might have figured it out that it is a hard travel case.
This case is constructed with ABS shell. ABS shell is a plastic material that is extremely durable and high-performance stuff. It shields all your stuff including your gears and clubs with its stiffness and the strong nature it has. So, it ensures the safety of your accessories.
The Shell also makes it super durable and lasts long. The In-line skate wheels make it easier to push or pull the case in airports. The bag provides enough space to store all your golf needs.
The handles also help providing strength. The internal compression straps and extra cushioning along with good padding keep your accessories in place and completely safe, away from damage. Unbelievably, the whole package comes at a cheaper rate.
- One of the largest golf travel bags that has more than enough space inside
- Solid ABS shell is used to manufacture this beast, it protects your golf clubs and gears from damage
- Contains internal compression straps to keep the gears and clubs in place
- Handles on the top and on the sides make it easier to carry
- Easy to push and pull with the help of the In-line skate wheels
- High-quality construction and is very durable, long lasting
- Highly Durable due to the hard and strong ABS shell
- Easy to carry as they have wheels
- Shields your precious golf clubs and gadgets from any damage
- It is pretty lightweight
- Sincere padding and extra cushioning protect your club heads and rest stuff
- Handles provide more strength to carry and load and unload
- As it is an oversized and hard travel bag, it is pretty heavy and hard to carry
- Might not fit in small cars due to its large size
- The straps might pull out after months of us, mentioned by users
Bag Boy T-2000 Pivot Wheeled Travel Cover
The Bag Boy Pivot Wheeled Travel Cover comes with a pivoting handle that reduces strain on hand when carrying. The In-line skate wheels make it even easier to slide it smoothly in airlines.
One of the Best Golf Travel Bag for airlines has five handles: A pivoting handle on the top as mentioned, another fixed strap on the top of the case, two more straps that Velcro together to form a handle at the center, a lifting strap in the middle and another handle placed on the base of the case that makes it easier to take the bag into and out of vehicles.
The Golf Travel Bag Reviews hasn’t been the best among the rest. The bag seems just overpriced because it does not provide similar quality and as many features as other bags provide that cost similar.
- Has five handles for more comfort in handling
- An oversized pocket on the spine to hold additional necessities such as shoes or other stuff
- Two more pockets in sides to carry more gears
- Adjustable internal strap to keep your clubs in place and secure
- Two In-line skate wheels for easy pushing and pulling
- About 19 inches long
- Easy to carry with the help of in-line skate wheels
- Pivoting handle reduces stress on your arm
- An additional pair of externals pockets
- The 1680D Nylon fabric makes the bag more durable
- Not oversized
- Doesn’t have enough space inside to carry much stuff
- Price is a bit more according to the features it provides
SKB ATA Standered Golf Travel Case
The SKB ATA Standard Golf Travel Case is one of the Best Golf Travel Covers for Money. They provide pretty good quality along with security. It is a hard travel case that can protect your golf clubs and gears quite well.
The Golf Travel Bag is constructed with Military-grade Polyethylene exterior. That makes the bag almost impossible to bend or puncture. In spite of that, the bag is still lightweight enough to carry. The material keeps the Golf Travel Bag resistant from moisture, dirt and dust which makes it easier to for you to maintain it.
The TSA approved lock guards your golf gears and clubs well. The internal dimension is 48” x 12” x 11” and external dimension is 52” x 14” x 14”. Moreover, the bag weighs 18 pounds. However, the space inside might not be enough to fit certain type of golf clubs but it is pretty decent and will work fine mostly.
- Has a contoured design to it
- Contains TSA locks that keep your gears secure
- Water resistant bag
- The case is also dust and dirt resistant
- Weighs around 18 pounds
- Has internal dimension of 48” x 12” x 11”
- Exterior dimension of 52” x 14” x 14”
- Protects your gears from any moisture
- Dust and dirt resistant
- The handles make it more convenient to use
- Keeps your essential golf gears and clubs protected with TSA approved lock
- Very durable
- Might not be big enough for some type of clubs
- Does not have wheels
Sun Mountain ClubGlider Journey Wheeled Travel Bag
The Sun Mountain ClubGlider Journey Wheeled Travel Bags are unarguably said to be one of the Best Golf Travel Bags with wheels. The unique yet simple design makes it jump out of the box.
The Golf travel bag has 4 wheels in total instead of two like most. Two wheels stay out while the other two that can rotate 360 degrees stay in the molded plastic base and you can make them pop out whenever you need. This is one of the unique features of this Golf Travel Bag with wheels.
The Case is constructed with 1800D Nylons and the base made of molded plastic makes the bag durable. Full-length heavy-duty dual way zippers are used to close the case. Three extra internal straps are provided for additional support to the gears.
The handles and the leash make it easier to lift the bag and pull it easily in the airport. The dimensions of the case are 52” x 14” x 14”. Extra padding is provided at the top region to keep your golf club heads
- Foldable 4-wheel design
- Constructed with durable 1200 Denier Nylon material
- Has a molded plastic base
- Includes full-length heavy performance dual way zipper
- Three extra internal straps for additional support
- Best Golf Travel Bag for Airlines because of its smooth wheels
- Handles placed at the top and bottom of the bag and leash is included
- Dimensions are 52” x 14” x 14”
- The bag can be folded easily
- The foldable wheels are very useful for carrying
- Three extra straps for more support to your gears
- Handles help to lift the case easily and the leash is given to pull the bag easily
- Extra padding in the top keeps your golf club heads safer
- Worth the investment
- Can prove to be pretty expensive
Club Glove Last Bag Collegiate Golf Travel Bag
The Club Glove Last Bag Collegiate Golf Travel Bag is another wonderful option, especially for the people opting to not go very hardcore professional role. The bag works pretty well with most. It is the number one travel bag in all of collegiate golf.
Constructed with high-quality Cordura 1000 Denier Nylon fabric makes the travel case waterproof and protects your golf gears and clubs from damage. This bag is 5x longer lasting than usual polyester. It has Nylon 1600 Denier hard base.
The wheels make it easier to carry it to places along with the handles. Has exterior pockets to store additional accessories. The Golf Travel Bag Weighs around 5 lbs and has a dimension of 14” x 14” x 19”
- Constructed with Cordura Nylon
- It accommodates 47” long golf club
- Includes 1600D Nylon base
- Water resistant
- Has 2 exterior pockets
- Has In-line skate wheels for easy push and pull
- Very durable and long lasting
- Zipper over the top for easy loading
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- Super durable with Cordura Nylon fabric
- Protects gears from water being water resistant
- Easy to push and pull with smooth In-skate wheels
- Lasts 5x longer than other polyester materials
- All golf clubs might not fit in
Club Glove Last Bag Pro Golf Travel Bag
The Club Glove Last Bag is mostly used by the professional golfers as it provides great quality. You can trust this bag without any doubt for securing your essential golf needs.
The Golf Travel Bag is made up of the high-quality Cordura Nylon material which makes the bag very long lasting. The different zipper design gives it a stylish look. The Cordura fabric is three times stronger than any other kind of polyester. Thus, this bag will last you almost five times more than any other Golf Travel Bag.
The Golf Travel Bag has two large accessory pockets with a shoe bag in each so that you can carry enough accessories. The case can hold up to 47 inches long golf clubs. The wheels make it easier to push and pull.
The Travel case is water resistant due to the Cordura. It is pretty light in weight. Interior dimensions are 51” x 19” x 16”. It also comes with a lifetime warranty and is overall an extraordinary Golf Travel Bag for the money.
- Hard-wearing Cordura fabric is used to make the case that makes it very durable
- It is water resistant
- Has two large accessory pockets with shoe bags for max accommodation accessibility
- Can keep clubs up to 47 inches
- Wheels make it easier to push and pull
- The bag is lightweight
- The interior dimensions of the case are 51” x 19” x 16”
- The case comes with a lifetime warranty
- Can be easily moved because of the smooth wheels
- Can be carried easily for it being light
- Highly durable
- Has more padding on top for protecting golf heads
- An extraordinary Travel Case
- It does not collapse
- Stiff arm is not included in the bag
- One of the most cost-efficient bags in the list
Ogio Straight Jacket Travel Bag
Ogio is known for producing great Golf Travel Bags in the industry. Ogio Straight Jacket Travel Bag is one of their Best Golf Travel Bag for Money.
The Ogio Straight Jacket Travel Bag has a large compartment. It also includes internal cinch-down straps. It has two pockets two carry necessary accessories. The top is fully padded so that your club’s head remains safe and sound. The cover is tip-resistant.
The super smooth Urethane wheels make it easy to push and pull the Golf Travel Bag for airlines. The bag weighs around 9.4 pounds. It is a good deal for the money.
- The main compartment is quite big
- Includes internal cinch-down straps
- Easy to push and pull with the help of the smoothly rolling Urethane wheels
- Two oversized exterior pockets for gadgets
- The top is fully padded
- The cover is Tip-resistant
- Weighs around 9.4 pounds
- Has a big space in the inside to keep your clubs
- Has internal cinch-down straps
- Urethane wheels roll smoothly so it is easy to move
- Two exterior pockets for accessories
- It is tip-resistant
- Pully padded top
- It is lightweight
- Might not be as durable as the rest in the list
Callaway Chev Stand Bag Travel Cover
The Callaway Chev has an aesthetically pleasing appearance which makes it more appealing to the buyers. The Golf Travel Bag with wheels is a great purchase of quality. Not to mention, it is one of the Best Golf Travel Bag for Money.
The Bag is made of durable 1000D Polyester material. The seven-way top and full-length dividers make the bag easily organized. Has three handles, inner straps, and seven roomy pockets for your accessories. The handles and the wheels make it easier to carry it.
The bag is still pretty lightweight with a weight of only 5.5 lbs. However, the bag does not come with a range of colors for the golfers to choose from. Moreover, some customers say the legs stand is weak. Overall, this Golf Travel Bag is a great dealfor the money.
- Constructed of 1000 Denier Polyester fabric
- Has Seven-way top and full-length dividers which keep the bag organized
- Has a total of Seven pockets to keep more gears
- Has three external handles
- Has smoothly rolling wheels
- The inner straps keep accessories in place
- The inner shell is well padded for extra protection to the heads of golf clubs
- Weighs around 5.5 lbs
- A lightweight stand Bag
- Easy to organize for the Seven way top and full-length dividers and it is easier to take out clubs and put them in
- The bag has a lot of space with several roomy pockets
- Easy to lift and pull with the external handles and wheels
- The material makes the case fairly durable
- Does not provide a range of colors to choose from
- The travel bag does not have a working towel ring
- Customers claim the leg stand is quite weak
Titleist Club Glove Travel Cover
The Titleist Club Glove has been crafted to stand out from the other Golf Travel Bags in terms of comfort and quality. Certainly, one of the Best Golf Clubs for Money.
The case has two handles for easy lifting and pulling and also has in-line skate wheels. It gives you pretty strong security with small padlock system in the zippers.
The travel bag has two external zippered shoe pockets and an internal zippered nylon shoe pockets that can be locked with padlock. One-third of the top is foam padded for protecting your club heads. Has dimensions of 47” x 17” x 12” and has an overall quite durable construction.
- Handles at the top and bottom
- Has a small padlock system on the large zippered compartment
- 1/3 of the top is foam padded
- High-impact in-line skate wheels
- Two external zippered shoe pocket that can be locked
- An internal zippered nylon shoe pocket
- Three wide external web straps and buckles
- Has dimensions of 47” x 17” x 12”
- Overall durable construction
- Top 1/3 foam padded for protecting club heads
- Three wide external web straps to keep the gears in place
- Handles for easy lifting and pulling
- In-line skate wheels make it easier to push and pull
- Three zippered shoe pockets for storing maximum gears
- Ensures protection of your equipment with small padlock system
- The logo is only on one side of the bag.
How To Buy The Best Golf Travel Bag for the money?
Golf Travel Bags are designed to protect your golf equipment from potential damage. They help golfers by carrying and protecting their golf gears.
There are loads of varieties of Golf Travel Bags with different features available. There are hard case bags and soft case bags you can choose from. Both have been designed for different purposes and have strong pros and cons. Some come with wheels for easy maneuvering, while some are super light. On the other hand, some are very big.
Can’t choose which one is the Best Golf Travel Bag for the Money for you? We have got you covered with that and more. Below are the facts that you need to check when buying a golf travel bag:
Weight and Size
You are less prone to pay overweight charges in airlines with lightweight bags. These are also very easy to carry. Most airlines allow a maximum weight limit of 50 lbs to 70 lbs of the golf bag. So, you need to make sure you do not have a heavy bag as that will not only be uncomfortable to carry, but also cost more.
Most airlines also have a limit on the size of the travel case. Choose a golf bag that can fit in the trunk of a car. This is important because if you are renting a car to reach your destination after landing, you have to take your bag along too. Make sure your longest club fits into the bag so that you can take all your clubs with ease.
Material and Durability
The material used to construct the Golf Travel bag affects the durability and the weight of the bag. There are hard materials and soft materials. The sides of the golf travel bag should be thicker as they tend to be more vulnerable.
Different materials have different features. You should look for the most high-quality material that is extremely durable and are easy to clean. There are materials that are water resistant, dirt resistant and dirt proof. These types of fabrics are great for travel bags.
The Cordura is a well-known material as it is used to construct most of the Best Golf Travel Bags 2019. It is extremely durable and popular. However, usually different materials are used for the base, such as Ballistic Nylon.
Padding plays a vital role in protecting your golf clubs and other golf gadgets. If the whole bag is padded, that is good. If there is shoulder padding, it becomes a bit comfortable to carry the bag on shoulder. Make sure the top especially is padded with extra fabrics and high-quality fabric so that your gears and the club heads remain safe and sound throughout your journey.
Handles and Wheels
Durable handles are necessary to withstand the pressure of the weight in the bag. Low-quality handles tend to break if the golf travel is heavy, so the handles should be good in quality. Look for golf travel bags with more than one handles as you will need to carry the bag in hands sometimes a or on your shoulders, or in other position depending on the circumstances.
Wheels are an important aspect when it comes to traveling with a golf travel bag. You can’t just carry a load in hands or on shoulders the whole journey. Wheels make it easier to push and pull the bag and carry to different places across the airport and more. Make sure the wheels are made of high-quality materials are they face too much friction and bag ones might get damaged easily.
Pockets and Straps
Pockets are minor but important parts of a Golf Travel Bag. They make the golf travel case look more stylish. Many golf bags possess different type of pockets. Travel bags can have different number of pockets. Some bags have only one pocket, some have two, while some have even more such as the Callaway Chev Travel Cover has seven.
Many golf bags have big pockets, many have smaller ones. Different types of pockets can be found in golf bags such as exterior pockets, mesh pockets and inside pockets. Pockets are used to carry your necessary accessories such as golf shoes, golf clothing, golf balls and more. Adjustable Straps are also important as they keep the gears in place so they stay organized in place.
Hard case or Soft case
Hard Cases give maximum protection to your golf gears with its hard nature. Hard bags are usually preferred by golfers who travel frequently by air to play as they give the best protection.
However, Hard cases are relatively heavier soft cases. Airports have a maximum weight limit so you need to be wise on weight when choosing hard travel cases. Hard travel cases are not much easy to carry; however, many have wheels for making maneuvering easier. It might be hard sometimes to fit them in cars as they are quite rigid. With the best protection, hard cases also cost more.
Soft cases are lighter than Hard cases and are comparatively cheaper than them, though some top-end soft cases can cost similar. They are much easy to carry to places and store thus it is chosen by many.
Mostly, golfers that travel occasionally by air tend to use soft case travel bags more. Not all soft travel cases are the same. Ones manufactured with high-quality materials provide good protection. Make sure the top and sides are padded for more protection.
Organizational compartments make life easier for golfers. Many golf travel bags come with external pockets, inside pockets, shoe pockets and more. Travel bags such as the Callaway Chev Travel Cover has seven compartments and full-length dividers to keep the golf clubs more organized and take them in and out easily. Good organization is important as you can’t be a mess when traveling with your golf gears.
Protection of Clubs
Golf clubs turn out to be pretty expensive. Yet they can be damaged easily. Golf clubs are prone to be damaged as they might break, bend, or the club heads might break or get damaged, and there are many more cautions.
You need to make sure that your golf clubs are safe. Look for a travel case that is thick and made of high-quality material. The travel bag should be long enough to fit your golf club in easily. Make sure the top of the travel bag is well padded to protect the head of the club from damage.
Golf is certainly an extremely expensive sport, and so are the golf gadgets. Your clubs, golf balls and other accessories are expensive. Thus, they need protection.
Various bags have different type of security, not all are good however. Many bags come with zippers locks or latch locks. They are not great for security purpose. So, you need something stronger. Padlocks work better than them to give protection to your gears. Always opt for TSA approved Luggage Padlocks to ensure maximum protection of your accessories inside your Golf Travel Bag.
Good quality Golf Travel Bags cost you pretty much. Golf cases are an investment that lasts you for a long enough time, if not a lifetime. Many golf bags come with warranty, whereas cheap and low-grade golf bags do not usually provide warranty as they get damaged very easily. Products with warranty mean they are durable and will last you very long. Some High-end Golf Travel Bags even come with a lifetime warranty.
Most Soft golf cases can be stored easily while Hard travel cases do not usually have that feature. Look for Golf Travel cases that are easily collapsible which makes it easier to store in cars, or rooms during traveling of when you are not playing golf.
Style, Appearance & C
The Style, Appearance, and Color depend more on you. You can get one that blends in the crowd or one that stands out. If you like a more professional feeling then you can choose a more official looking bag with sleek color like black whereas if you tend to appear as a rather sporty person, you choose a sporty design along with a sporty color such as green or red.
This aspect depends more on what kind of a person you are and how you want to appear. However, not all bags allow the freedom to choose different colors.
Golf bags can be simple with only important golf gears or have additional stuff if the user has to travel a long distance. Golf bags that come with pockets, additional space is good for accommodation as they can also carry golf shoes, clothing and more.
Price & Quality
You get what you pay for. Durable and quality golf travel bags can be expensive. You need to have a good budget if you want to get a good quality travel case. Soft cases usually cost lower than the Hard cases. High-end golf cases cost quite high. Make sure you get the quality in the bag that you are paying for.
How to Pack a Golf Bag for Travel
To pack your Golf Travel Bag for Travel, you will need mentioned equipment:
- A Travel Bag
- A Cardboard Box
- Bubble Wrap
- Head Covers
- Blankets or Towels
- Spare clothes
- Packing Tape
There are two types of golf bags: Hard cases and Soft cases. In spite of their differences, there is no major difference in packing them. Thus, they can be packed using the identical method. Without further ado, let’s get into the steps:
Step 1: Individually Bubble Wrap Each Golf Club
They need to be bubble wrapped and seal it with plastic tape to keep them in place
Step 2: Protect the Club Head
Protect your golf club head using head covers or towels or thick socks.
Step 3: Make a Strong Bundle of your Golf Clubs
Making a strong Bundle will prevent the clubs from breaking
Step 4: Place the Bundle in your Travel case
Place the bundle of your golf clubs in the soft case and fill the empty spaces with spare clothes so that everything stays in place
Step 5: Do the Shake Test
Shake the golf travel bag to ensure everything is in place
Step 6: Zip up the bag
Now that you have done all these, zip it up
Step 7: Place the bag into the Cardboard Box
The Cardboard Box will provide an extra layer of protection to your golf gears
Step 8: Load your Golf Clubs last
Make sure to load the clubs last as any mass of pressure on the clubs might result in damaging them
Purpose of using a Travel Bag
Golf Travel Bags are used by golfers who like to travel to play the beautiful game of Golf. When traveling with all the expensive and damageable gadgets and gears, you need to ensure their security. Golf Travel Bags are used to make sure the golf clubs and rest of the golf gears are well secured and do not go through any potential damage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is the Travel Bag Soft or Hard cased?
To figure this out, you can just check the material of the bag. Soft cases are easily collapsible and have a luxurious feeling whereas Hard cases are stiffer and keep things in place.
Q. Does the Travel Bag have Wheels?
If not all, most of the Travel Bags come with wheels. They might be of different types. Wheels make maneuvering easy.
Q. Is the Travel Bag Water-resistant?
Water resistant Travel bags provide more durability to the bag. In case it rains, or the weather is foggy, a waterproof case protects your inside gears.
Q. Does the Travel Bag come with a Warranty?
Warranty is an important aspect when buying a Golf Travel Case. As mentioned earlier, the better the bag, the longer warranty it gives. Keep in consideration how long the warranty is for, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years or a lifetime.
This article features the Best Golf Travel Bags 2018, and by now you must have got all the information you need to know for buying a Golf Travel Bag. The kind of bag you need depends more on how much you travel. A good Travel Bag will protect your precious Golf gears. Now that you have gathered up all the knowledge on these saviors, go and get yourself the Best Golf Travel Bag for the Money!
- Best Golf Cart Bags
- Taylormade supreme cart bag
- Cobra ultralight cart bag
- Datrek lite rider ii Cart Bag
- Ogio Silencer Cart Bag Review