As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There is no extra cost to you. Thank you if you use our links; we appreciate it! Learn More.
Choosing the best cheap putters can be a hard job whether you are a professional golfer or an amateur one, right? We’ll make that hard job easy for you in this article. Here, we’ll talk about some of the best budget putters in 2023 that are currently leading the market.
Do you know almost 50% of the shots on a Golf course is made up of Golf putters? It is considered to be the most important club in the player’s bag. Choosing the best putter is very important for your game as you have to consider various types of putters like putter balances, mid-slant, face-balanced, toe-down, mallet putters, blade putters, peripheral weighted putters, etc.
So while choosing these, you must have to consider the pricing and the quality of the putters too. You will obviously choose the cheaper one with maximized quality for better performance in your game.
In this article, we are going to show you 22 various types of putters with different pricing category. We will talk briefly about the features, pros and cons of these putters alongside with their maintenance and comparison with the same type of other putters.
Top 3 Cheap Golf Putters from The List
(If you are in a hurry, just pick from these 3 budget golf putters)
Odyssey white Hot Pro 2 Putter
Wilson Infinite South Side Putter
Seemore FGP Mallet Putter
The Best Cheap Putters of 2023
After going through the whole article, you’ll have a good idea of the best putters of all time along with some putting techniques. There are lots of good cheap putters in the market but not all of them guarantee quality. There are putters of all sizes, lengths, weights, shapes, and angles in the market. These factors will definitely affect your gaming style as well as your putting stroke.
Read: Golf club names and uses
So before buying the best affordable putters, you must consider these factors too. For the maintenance of your putter, we have also added a section called tips for putter maintenance which will help you to take the best care of your putter.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Best Putters Under 50
In this section of the article, we are going to discuss some of the best putters under 50. Though they are cheap, there is no reason to think they are of lower quality.
Tour Edge PPPLSU1033L Backdraft Gt Plus Putter
Wilson Men's Augusta Golf Putter
Pinemeadow Golf PGX SL Putter
Pinemeadow Golf Site 4 Putter
WILSON Staff Harmonized M2 Putter
Crestgolf Junior Rubber Golf Putter
LEAGY 4-Sections Portable Best Golf Right Hand Putter or Golf Two-Way Putter
1. Tour Edge Backdraft GT Plus Putter
Tour Edge Backdraft GT Plus Putter comes with modern and useful features like high MOI, high contrast to green, and an extended economic grip which is also featured by a new exciting look. This Tour Edge Backdraft GT Plus Putter adds extra accuracy and forgiveness to the game with its enhanced optic technology.
Read: Are Mallet putters more forgiving?
- Comes with a white head finish that ensures enhanced and accurate visual contrast for exact alignment.
- The head design comes with high MOI which helps to keep the putter square whole the stroke.
- Provides a lifetime warranty and a play guarantee of 30 days.
- Wrist breakdown can be minimized as it has a jumbo grip.
- Provides accurate alignment.
- Increased contrast between the green and the putter head.
- Increased focus.
- Eliminates reflections and distractions.
- Helps to set up a perfect line.
- Some users found the face a little soft.
2. Wilson Augusta Putter
Wilson Augusta Putter is one of the best cheap putters 2023 which comes with numerous features including all-weather grip, ambidextrous usage, strong steel made shaft, etc. It is also capable of providing a solid response and great touch.
Let’s take a quick look at its features and also we will show you some pros and cons of this product.
- Brass blade styled head which can be perfect for any golfer.
- Has a steel shaft.
- The grip is applicable for all weather.
- Comes with a traditionally shaped blade.
- Unique stitch design.
- The paddle grip is oversized which ensures extra control.
- Ensures traditional look at the address.
- Compatible with all weather.
- Not too heavy.
- Easy and comfortable alignment.
- Applicable for both right handed and left handed golfers.
- Some users found the head is not square to the shaft.
3. Pinemeadow PGX SL Putter
Pinemeadow PGX Putter is one of the best mallet putters that comes with exciting features like precise and accurate white finish, accurate contrast, reduced weight, acceptable and standard putter length, perfect focusing which make it one of the best putters for the money in 2023.
- Has a detailed white finish which protrudes when the putter is at the position of address.
- The contrast between the white and the green grass helps to maintain the accurate focus on the line of alignment.
- Weighs only 380g.The mallet putter weighs about 40g.
- PGX custom headcover.
- 34” putter length.
- Tour weighted mallet putter.
- Best suit for faster greens.
- Reduced skid while forward ball spinning provides more stability.
- Has a precise and accurate white finish.
- Some users were forced to change their swing while using this putter.
4. Pinemeadow Golf Site 4 Putter
If you are looking for a putter ata reasonable price and better quality then this Pinemeadow Golf Site 4 Putter can be the best choice for you. It is currently leading the putter market for its amazing features and cheap price. It comes with numerous features adorned with modern technology:
- Has a site plate which gives you the best assurance of accuracy while lining the putt.
- It also features an offset hosel which adds further help while you are lining up.
- While the user minimizes skipping there is a consistent face technology insert which provides a smooth and nice roll.
- Lower center of gravity helps to maintain a smooth and consistent stroke.
- You can make putts from all distances.
- Weighs only 2.09 pounds which increases the consistency.
- Well balanced.
- Provides accurate sight lines.
- Some found the putter quite heavy than the others of its type.
5. Wilson Staff Harmonized M2 Golf Putter
For those golfers who are looking for a putter with reasonable and cheap price yet having numerous features with maximum advantages, they can easily choose this Wilson Staff Harmonized M2 Golf Putter. As having the famous brand name and quality, this Wilson Staff Harmonized M2 Golf Putter assures you the best feel and consistency in the game.
- Semi-mallet putter.
- Provided with a larger and modern standard grip size.
- Has a microinjection face insert which also consists of multiple dense areas.
- Exclusively designed soft feel grip.
- Weighs only 14.1 ounces.
- Provides improved feel and also ensures enhanced consistency.
- Eye soothing vertical seam grip which is capable of providing more accuracy to the game.
- Slightly larger diameter provides enhanced feel.
- Updated design.
- Doesn’t come with a featured head cover.
6. Crestgolf Junior Golf Putter
If you are looking for the best cheap golf putter with a number of fabulous features for your children then this Crestgolf Junior Golf Putter can be the best choice. It has features like both side usage, anti-slip grip, variety in colors, stainless steel made body etc.
- It is a two-way putter. User can use it to putt the golf ball on both sides.
- It is suitable for both the right-handed and the left-handed golfers.
- Strong and high-quality stainless steel body.
- Has an anti-slip grip.
- Putter surface head consists of rubber.
- Comes in several colors.
- Weighs only 1.19 pounds.
- Strong and consistent as it is made of steel.
- Both sides of the putter can be used.
- Suitable for children under 5 years old too.
- Can be a little long for some of the children.
7. LEAGY Putters
Golfers who are looking for the best putters under $50 that is enriched with modern useful features can easily choose this LEAGY putters.It can fulfill any golfer’s requirements easily. It has a standard head shape with a revolutionary grip and this ensures you a perfect and accurate gaming performance.
- New and standard head shape.
- Harmonized putters are designed in such a way that it can make you feel great and better and also you can perform better.
- A soft and comfortable vertical revolutionary grip that has a nice look and also provides a better feel.
- Microinjection face insert has multiple dense areas.
- It has also an alignment aid to ensure more accurate putts.
- Easy to carry.
- Simple installation and easy operation.
- Can be easily disassembled.
- Traditional weighted putter.
- Weighs only 12.5 oz. which increases consistency.
- People may face problems fitting the parts together.
Best Putters Under 100
At this point, we are going to talk about some fabulous & best putters under 100 having numerous features which will definitely be worth your money.
1. Wilson Infinite Power
Wilson Infinite Power puttercomes with features like double milled face, counterbalanced technology, anti-glare finish etc. You can surely select this putter as it can fulfillall your requirement reliably.
- It has a double milled face which ensures consistent impact, distance and roll control.
- It is also provided with counterbalanced technology which helps to move the balance point closer to the user for a more smooth and controlled putting stroke.
- It has a dark and anti-glare finish that reduces glare and also helps to accurate sight lines.
- This putter also has a new grip which as an oversize construction that limits rotation while striking.
- Provides stable and consistent feel.
- Counterbalanced technology provides a controlled putting stroke.
- Dark and matte black finish helps to reduce glare as it has a PVD enriched finish too.
- Helps to accurate the sight lines.
- Some users may not feel the comfort they expect.
2. QUOLF Golf Two Way Putter
If you are looking for a putter which is cheap but comes with modern features then this QUOLF GOLF Two Way Putterwill be the best suit for you. It adds more consistency, soft feel, and accuracy to your game and thus increases your performance.
Check out the benefits of using two-way putters with some more two-sided putters suggestions here.
- It can be used in both faces.
- Can be used by both left handed and the right handed golfers.
- Simple construction provides extended consistency.
- Nice grip.
- Flat face provides perfect stroke.
- The price is reasonable.
- Comes with a symmetrical design that helps ambidextrous peoples.
- Adds more consistency to the game.
- Makes the alignment easier.
- Provides a soft and firm feel.
- The face is not perfectly flat that can bring a bit inconsistency to the game.
3. Cleveland Golf 2135 Satin 1.0 Putter
Cleveland Satin 1.0 Grip Putter is made with optimized face milling, balanced face, oversized grip and so on. Here are the features you will get with it:
- This Cleveland Satin 1.0 Putter is manufactured with an optimized face milling technology which improves the performances.
- Cleveland oversized grip provides more consistency.
- It has different milling patterns for all models to optimize MOIs which helps the golfers to improve their control to the game and also increases speed.
- It has a single band heel type hosel.
- Face balanced toe hang.
- Weighs only 1 lb.
- Mallet head design.
- Higher and enhanced contrast.
- Better alignment which is caused by raised sightline.
- Improved performance.
- Increased speed control.
- Some found the insert loose.
4. Wilson Golf Infinite South Side Putter
Wilson Golf- Infinite South Side Putter is undoubtedly one of the best putters in today’s market for its famous brand value and reasonable cheap price. It comes with features like double milled face, counterbalanced technology, new grip etc.
- Wilson Golf- Infinite South Side Putter comes with a new and standard grip which has an oversized design that limits rotation during stroke.
- It has a matte black and dark finish that reduces glare and sight lines are accentuated by this.
- Counterbalanced technology provides controlled putting and moves the balance point according to the requirement.
- The consistent impact is ensured as it has double milled face technology.
- Multiple classic head shape.
- Controlled purring stroke.
- Refined detailing.
- Reduced glare.
- Accentuated sight lines.
- More accurate alignment aid.
- Some may feel uncomfortable with the putting style.
5. Ray Cook SR550 Select Putter
This Ray Cook sr550 select putter can be the best choice for most golf players due to its price and advantages. With this putter, you’ll enjoy exciting features like a striking black finish, mid-sized grip, lighter weight, a full-shaft offset, and so on.
- Eye appealing and striking black finish which is highlighted with red and white details.
- A mid-size grip which provides a superb feeling.
- Precisely and accurately tour weighted and balanced.
- Weighs only 360g.
- Double bend full shaft offset.
- Provides a soft feel due to weighted and balanced tour.
- Optimum and precise putting consistency.
- Several new styles.
- Provides perfect alignment.
- Can be used by both left and right-handers.
- Some may have to change the swing style due to the weight.
Get more choice from Ray cook putters….
6. MAZEL Tour GS Men’s Golf Putter
The MAZEL Tour putter comes with high MOI, low center gravity, and advanced alignment for most accurate shots with controlled speed. Its stainless head has been CNC milled, which further boosts accuracy and stability.
- You will love its shot control to get as closer to the hole as possible, thanks to the high MOI with enhanced stability.
- The top line of the putter features high alignment and stability. It helps in accurate alignment and also makes ball controlling easy.
- The gravity is low-centered. It provides a superior feel around the head. Also, golfers love its shot fluidity for some memorable moments.
- CNC stainless steel construction offers greater durability.
- The good hand feels with the rubberized grip.
- Absorbs shock for better feel and ball control.
- The paint finish may chip away soon.
Best Putters Under 150
In this section, we are reviewing some of the best putters under 150. All of these putters deserve to be in our list for their amazing features and advantages.
1. Odyssey DFX Putter
The DFX putter provides a superior feel with the softest inserts. Golfers worldwide love its feel and durability with higher shot accuracy on greens. So, it truly amazes golfers with superb performance and price points.
- From the insert to the head, this putter features an incredible black finish. You will love its look and bold appearance for a confidence boost on the course.
- The grip has a pistol grip and is another oversized grip. So, you find its grip easy and comfy even for a long day of golf sessions.
- The insert is the softest in the market. It helps improve the hand feel of the club and facilitates a great role on the facility off the club.
- Great feel and durability.
- All-black design limits obstacles.
- The golf putter is reasonably priced.
- The durability isn’t pretty impressive.
2. Rife Golf Roll Groove Series Putter
This is one of the best cheap putters with superior benefits for golfers compared to its price point. It offers an excellent ball rolling facility from the club and improves shot accuracy unthinkably.
- Whether you a pro or a beginner professional, the Rife Groove series putter is ready to offer you an outstanding play experience. The mallet-style head is easy to control for all.
- Its sole weight is non-adjustable. But it comes forward in improving the control and balance during the putting time.
- The head has a non-glare finish. It is a great benefit since glaring finish often distracts players. So, you will enjoy the great focus on play.
- Roll Groove technology for increased face score lines.
- Its cavity and the top edge is CNC milled for precision weight.
- Smaller shaft facilitates in full view without obstacles.
- The grip is a bit disappointing.
3. Callaway Golf Odyssey Hot Pro 2.0 Putter
Callaway Golf Odyssey Hot Pro 2.0 Putter has some unique features like new white hot insert, sleek and standard design, a featured headcover, etc. As the price tag is not high, it is within the reach of any golfer.
- New white hot insert which is highly engineered.
- A sleek design and look provided by a matte and black finish.
- Blade and mallet are shaped according to the popularity.
- Grip is manufactured by Odyssey DFX.
- Has a featured head cover.
- Provides enhanced consistency.
- Ensured soft, sound and firm feel.
- Performance is overall increased across the striking surface.
- Maintenance is easy due to a featured head cover which fits easily.
- Might not be a perfect suit for ambidextrous people.
Best Putters Under 200
Now we are going to have a look at some of the best putters under 200. Though they are comparatively expensive than the other putters, their jaw-dropping features make up for it.
1. Odyssey White Hot Pro 2 Putter
Odyssey White Hot Pro 2 Putterwill receive the first position in this category. Improved white hot insert and tight tolerance capability make this putter special from the other ones.
- It comes with a new standard and improved White Hot insert which is highly engineered.
- Provided with the capability of facing extreme tight tolerances across the striking surface better than others of its type.
- Has a handful of major tour proven and winning head shapes.
- Gunmetal PVD finish ensures an industrial and non-glare look.
- Reduces glare as it has PVD finish.
- Provides more consistent sound and feel.
- Impact performance increased.
- Consistency of the performance increased due to tight tolerances.
- Some faced that their putting stroke is decreased.
2. TaylorMade Ardmore Putter
TaylorMade Ardmore Putter has features like stainless steel-made head, technically positioned sightlines, variety of grips etc. Compared to the features it provides, the price can be considered pretty much reasonable.
- It has a milled 303 stainless steel made head.
- It has a tour satin finish for the look become premium and soft feel.
- Comes with adjustable sole weights.
- Sightlines are positioned strategically which aids the alignment.
- Variety of tour-validated grip options are available.
- Can fit any stroke due to the wide array of a hang of toe.
- Improved consistency and speed control.
- Improved alignment technology.
- Aesthetic and standard design.
- Provides exceptional feel and gives a better roll.
- Available for both right and left-handed golfers.
- No appropriate head cover.
3. Seemore FGP Black Mallet Putter
Seemore FGP Black Mallet Putter adds more control in the putting techniques.It comes with innovative features like RST and modern alignment system.
- Has a featured headcover.
- Have manufacturers own classic head and mallet design.
- Cast 303 stainless steel made heads.
- Precision milled face.
- Alignment system enriched with RifleScope technology patented by SeeMore.
- RST works as a true reference point which sets the perfect line up one every putt.
- These putters feature accurate face balancing at the time of impact.
- The tendency of the impact of the putter is perfectly square.
- The perfect line up is ensured.
- Unique design and functionality.
- Straight shaft.
- The mallet head is enriched with high MOI.
- Weight may not be comfortable for all the golfers.
4. Rife Hybrid Mallet Heel Putter
Rife Hybrid Mallet Heel Putter is recommended by professional golfers as it is manufactured with roll groove technology, removable cylinders and so on.
- The roll groove technology uses less loft which is caused by the friction of gripping.
- The ball is more gripped rather than being chipped. The impact is held through and then released into forwarding roll immediately.
- There are detachable cylinders in the rear side of the bars which permits the golfer to modify the putter which depends on the swiftness of the green.
- Behind the impact area, by placing the bars, the two bar putter never misses hit and this makes it the easiest putter on the market for aiming.
- Greater stability and enhanced moment of inertia.
- Enhanced accuracy and stability.
- Not suitable for amateur golfers.
You can also check out the Rife Roll Groove Technology Series Dual Winged Putter.
- 2-degree loft
- No skidding at impact
- 70D Lie
- Head weight: 360gm
- 304 stainless head material
- 3/4 offset shaft
- Rife midsize pistol style putter grip
5. Odyssey Stroke Lab Versa Putter
Odyssey Stroke Lab Versa Putter will be the best choice for those who are looking for exciting features at a cheap price. Features like micro hinge technology and versa alignment technology made it unique in the market.
- It has a micro hinge face insert with an unmatched roll which changes the way of peoples looking at the putter forever.
- Micro hinge insert technology ensures outstanding gains in the topspin and impact roll which do not depend on your stroke.
- Micro hinge plate is also co-molded with Thermoplastic elastomer feel layer.
- Manufactured with versa alignment technology that provides high contrast and highlights the proper face angle from address for the proper line-up.
- It has red highlight lines that provide additional aid to make your alignment accurate.
- It has shapes and prolific models that dominated major tours and championships.
- Increases the ultimate performance.
- Provides better roll at impact.
- Some may face a problem as it does not come with a head cover.
6. Odyssey O-Works 2-Ball Fang Putter
With Odyssey O-Works 2-Ball Fang Putter, you’ll get unmatched roll, micro hinge face insert etc. it has also increased the capability for performance enhancement and the accuracy of the game.
- It comes with unmatched roll feature with the aid of a new micro hinge insert face.
- It is enriched with a red finish which is driven by tour feedback.
- This Odyssey O-Works 2-Ball Fang Putter is available in various tour proven shapes.
- Weighs only 1 pounds.
- The red finish provides better alignment.
- This Odyssey O-Works Red 2-Ball Fang Putter provides a soft and firm feel.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry.
- Impact roll is enhanced.
- No headcover.
7. TaylorMade TP Collection Soto Putter
TaylorMade Golf Collection Soto Putter is for those who are looking for quality. It comes with enhanced consistency, strength, and accuracy which will undoubtedly make your performance better.
- It has a milled 303 stainless steel head and a finish of tour satin that presents the premium look and good feel.
- It has adjustable weights for the sole which makes the swing-weight playable.
- Sightlines are positioned strategically that aid in the alignment.
- It has a two stock grip and also has a variety of tour validated grip.
- It can fit any stroke because it has a wide array of toe.
- Better forward roll provided by 360 roll insert.
- Provides outstanding feel.
- Precision milling provides consistency.
- Clean and sophisticated design.
- Comes in six different tour-proven shapes.
- May not fit for ambidextrous.
Tips For Putter Maintenance
- Wipe the putter thoroughly after your every round of play. Whenever it comes in contact with the green, it can take the moisture-laden grass or dew drops. So wiping the putter before keeping it to the bag is every golfer’s first defense.
- Use a lint-free and microfiber cloth while cleaning the putter whenever you finish your round.
- In the meantime, your wiping cloth might be wet or full of grass. So you should use a separate cloth to wipe your putter and its entire surface. You must pay attention to the grooves in the putter face. If you use a mallet putter then it requires more attention as it has more voids and areas that require cleaning than the blade putters.
- You can use manufacturer-provided oil in the shaft and the head of the putter. You must not put oil in the grip. After oiling properly, use a head cover which fits properly on your putter.
- After wiping and oiling, keep your putter in an environment that has a moderate temperature. You can avoid basements and garages as they are not typically ideal. You can keep the putter in indoor if it’s possible for the putter’s better lifetime.
We hope after going through the article, you have a pretty good idea of how important putter is for playing golf effectively. The performance in the game greatly depends on the perfect selection of the putter and also on the putting style.
In this article, we tried to show you some of the best cheap putters 2023. We subdivided them into four sections which include good putters for cheap under 50, under 100, under 150 and lastly, under 200. We then briefly talked about each of the putters mentioning their innovative and outstanding features as well as their pros and cons for the golfer’s convenience.
After that, we shared some tips for the maintenance of your putter. Now, based on our recommendations, it is your time to choose a putter that best suits your preference and budget.
- Get the top Rated Golf Iron Sets
- TaylorMade rsi1 Iron
- Callaway Strata for Beginners
- Cleveland Launcher Hybrid Irons
- Callaway MD4 wedge
- Increasing club head spead
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Daisy is the Founder and Editor in Chief of Golfs Hub. She is associated with Golf for more than 20 years. She got the inspiration from her father. She is a very private person & doesn't like to be photographed. She's worked in nearly every job in the golf industry from club fitting to instruction to writing and speaking. Now she is enjoying her retirement from day job... but not from Golf! Daisy lives in southeasternmost part of New York state with her family.