Choosing the best cheap putters can be a hard job whether you are a professional golfer or an amateur one, right? We’ll make that hard job easy for you in this article. Here, we’ll talk about some of the best budget putters in 2019 that are currently leading the market.
Do you know almost 50% of the shots on a Golf course is made up by Golf putters? It is considered to be the most important club in the player’s bag. Choosing the best putter is very important for your game as you have to consider various types of putters like putter balances, mid-slant, face-balanced, toe-down, mallet putters, blade putters, peripheral weighted putters, etc.
So while choosing these, you must have to consider the pricing and the quality of the putters too. You will obviously choose the cheaper one with maximized quality for better performance in your game.
In this article, we are going to show you 22 various types of putters with different pricing category. We will talk briefly about the features, pros and cons of these putters alongside with their maintenance and comparison with the same type of other putters.
Best Cheap Putters 2020
After going through the whole article, you’ll have a good idea of the best putters of all time along with some putting techniques. There are lots of putters in the market but not all of them guarantee quality. There are putters of all sizes, lengths, weights, shapes, and angles in the market. These factors will definitely affect your gaming style as well as your putting stroke.
So before buying the best cheap putter, you must consider these factors too. For the maintenance of your putter, we have also added a section called tips for putter maintenance which will help you to take the best care of your putter.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Best Putters Under 50
In this section of the article, we are going to discuss some of the best putters under 50. Though they are cheap, there is no reason to think they are of lower quality.
1. Tour Edge Backdraft GT Plus Putter
Tour Edge Backdraft GT Plus Putter comes with modern and useful features like high MOI, high contrast to green, and an extended economic grip which is also featured by a new exciting look. This Tour Edge Backdraft GT Plus Putter adds extra accuracy and forgiveness to the game with its enhanced optic technology.
- Comes with a white head finish that ensures enhanced and accurate visual contrast for exact alignment.
- The head design comes with high MOI which helps to keep the putter square whole the stroke.
- Provides a lifetime warranty and a play guarantee of 30 days.
- Wrist breakdown can be minimized as it has a jumbo grip
- Provides accurate alignment
- Increased contrast between the green and the putter head
- Increased focus
- Eliminates reflections and distractions
- Helps to set up a perfect line
- Some users found the face a little soft
2. Wilson Augusta Putter
Wilson Augusta Putter is one of the best cheap putters 2020 which comes with numerous features including all-weather grip, ambidextrous usage, strong steel made shaft,etc. It is also capable of providing a solid response and great touch.
Let’s take a quick look at its features and also we will show you some pros and cons of this product.
- Brass blade styled head which can be perfect for any golfer
- Has a steel shaft
- The grip is applicable for all weather
- Comes with a traditionally shaped blade
- Unique stitch design
- The paddle grip is oversized which ensures extra control
- Ensures traditional look at the address
- Compatible with all weather
- Not too heavy
- Easy and comfortable alignment
- Applicable for both right handed and left handed golfers
- Some users found the head is not square to the shaft
3. Pinemeadow PGX Putter
Pinemeadow PGX Putter is one of the best mallet putters that comes with exciting features like precise and accurate white finish, accurate contrast, reduced weight, acceptable and standard putter length, perfect focusing which make it one of the best budget putters in 2020.
- Has a detailed white finish which protrudes when the putter is at the position of address
- The contrast between the white and the green grass helps to maintain the accurate focus on the line of alignment
- Weighs only 380g.The mallet putter weighs about 40g.
- PGX custom headcover
- 34’’ putter length
- Tour weighted mallet putter
- Best suit for faster greens
- Reduced skid while forward ball spinning provides more stability
- Has a precise and accurate white finish
- Some users were forced to change their swing while using this putter
4. Ray Cook Sr500 Putter
This Ray Cook sr500 putter can be the best choice for most of the golf players due to its price and advantages. With this putter, you’ll enjoy exciting features like a striking black finish, mid-sized grip, lighter weight, a full shaft offset and so on.
- Eye appealing and striking black finish which is highlighted with red and white details
- A mid-size grip which provides a superb feeling
- Precisely and accurately tour weighted and balanced
- Weighs only 360g
- Double bend full shaft offset
- Provides a soft feel due to weighted and balanced tour
- Optimum and precise putting consistency
- Several new styles
- Provides perfect alignment
- Can be used by both left and right-handers
- Some may have to change the swing style due to the weight
5. Pinemeadow Golf Site 4 Putter
If you are looking for a putter ata reasonable price and better quality then this Pinemeadow Golf Site 4 Putter can be the best choice for you. It is currently leading the putter market for its amazing features and cheap price. It comes with numerous features adorned with modern technology:
- Has a site plate which gives you the best assurance of accuracy while lining the putt
- It also features an offset hosel which adds further help while you are lining up
- While the user minimizes skipping there is a consistent face technology insert which provides a smooth and nice roll
- Lower center of gravity helps to maintain a smooth and consistent stroke
- You can make putts from all distances
- Weighs only 1.01 pounds which increases the consistency
- Well balanced
- Provides accurate sight lines
- Some found the putter quite heavy than the others of its type
6. Wilson Staff Harmonized M2 Golf Putter
For those golfers who are looking for a putter with reasonable and cheap price yet having numerous features with maximum advantages, they can easily choose this Wilson Staff Harmonized M2 Golf Putter. As having the famous brand name and quality, this Wilson Staff Harmonized M2 Golf Putter assures youthe best feel and consistency in the game.
- Semi-mallet putter
- Provided with a larger and modern standard grip size
- Has a microinjection face insert which also consists of multiple dense areas
- Exclusively designed soft feel grip
- Weighs only 14.1 ounces
- Provides improved feel and also ensures enhanced consistency
- Eye soothing vertical seam grip which is capable of providing more accuracy to the game
- Slightly larger diameter provides enhanced feel
- Updated design
- Doesn’t come with a featured head cover
7. Crestgolf Junior Golf Putter
If you are looking for the best budget putter with a number of fabulous features for your children then this Crestgolf Junior Golf Putter can be the best choice.It has features like both side usage, anti-slip grip, variety in colors, stainless steel made body etc.
- It is a two-way putter. User can use it to putt the golf ball on both sides
- It is suitable for both the right-handed and the left-handed golfers
- Strong and high-quality stainless steel body
- Has an anti-slip grip
- Putter surface head consists of rubber
- Comes in several colors
- Weighs only 1.19 pounds
- Strong and consistent as it is made of steel
- Both sides of the putter can be used
- Suitable for children under 5 years old too
- Can be a little long for some of the children
8. LEAGY Putters
Golfers who are looking for the best putter under 50 that is enriched with modern useful features can easily choose this LEAGY putters.It can fulfill any golfer’s requirements easily. It has a standard head shape with a revolutionary grip and this ensures you a perfect and accurate gaming performance.
- New and standard head shape
- Harmonized putters are designed in such a way that it can make you feel great and better and also you can perform better
- A soft and comfortable vertical revolutionary grip that has a nice look and also provides a better feel
- Microinjection face insert has multiple dense areas
- It has also an alignment aid to ensure more accurate putts
- Easy to carry
- Simple installation and easy operation
- Can be easily disassembled
- Traditional weighted putter
- Weighs only 12.5 oz. which increases consistency
- People may face problems fitting the parts together
Best Putters Under 100
At this point, we are going to talk about some fabulous putters under 100 having numerous features which will definitely be worth your money.
1. Medicus Overspin CM2i Putter
Medicus Overspin CM2i Putter is one of the best blade putters as it comes with some amazing and modern features like Overspin technology, CT grooves technology, aluminum face. It provides amazing responsiveness as well as a soft feel to the users.
- It has a bevel face design which eliminates the lift which happened by conventional putters
- It has CT grooves which acts as a track set and enhances the accuracy
- The face insert is full body aluminum which provides amazing responsiveness
- The horizontal aluminum face has CNC milled property and performs crisp contact with the ball
- This putter can be used in high fringe as it is provided with Medicus CT groove technology
- For elimination of ball hop, it has Overspin technology and a Cut-face design
- Elimination of ball hop and skid
- Provides true roll
- Increase responsiveness and accuracy
- Provides soft and firm feel
- Some users faced some problems while putting
2. Wilson Infinite Power
Wilson Infinite Power puttercomes with features like double milled face, counterbalanced technology, anti-glare finish etc. You can surely select this putter as it can fulfillall your requirement reliably.
- It has a double milled face which ensures consistent impact, distance and roll control
- It is also provided with counterbalanced technology which helps to move the balance point closer to the user for a more smooth and controlled putting stroke
- It has a dark and anti-glare finish that reduces glare and also helps to accurate sight lines
- This putter also has a new grip which as an oversize construction that limits rotation while striking
- Provides stable and consistent feel
- Counterbalanced technology provides a controlled putting stroke
- Dark and matte black finish helps to reduce glare as it has a PVD enriched finish too
- Helps to accurate the sight lines
- Some users may not feel the comfort they expect
3. QUOLF GOLF Two Way Putter
If you are looking for a putter which is cheap but comes with modern features then this QUOLF GOLF Two Way Putterwill be the best suit for you. It adds more consistency, soft feel and accuracy to your game and thus increases your performances.
- It can be used in both faces.
- Can be used by both left handed and the right handed golfers
- Simple construction provides extended consistency
- Nice grip
- Flat face provides perfect stroke
- The price is reasonable
- Comes with a symmetrical design that helps ambidextrous peoples
- Adds more consistency to the game
- Makes the alignment easier
- Provides a soft and firm feel
- The face is not perfectly flat that can bring a bit inconsistency to the game
4. Cleveland Satin Elevado Grip Putter
Cleveland Satin Elevado Grip Putter is made with optimized face milling, balanced face, oversized grip and so on.Here are the features you will get with it:
- This Cleveland Satin Elevado Grip Putteris manufactured with an optimized face milling technology which improves the performances
- Cleveland oversized grip provides more consistency
- It has different milling patterns for all models to optimize MOIs which helps the golfers to improve their control to the game and also increases speed
- It has a single band heel type hosel
- Face balanced toe hang
- Weighs only 370 grams
- Mallet head design
- Higher and enhanced contrast
- Better alignment which is caused by raised sightline
- Improved performance
- Increased speed control
- Some found the insert loose
5. Wilson Golf- Infinite South Side Putter
Wilson Golf- Infinite South Side Putter is undoubtedly one of the best putters in today’s market for its famous brand value and reasonable cheap price. It comes with features like double milled face, counterbalanced technology, new grip etc.
- Wilson Golf- Infinite South Side Putter comes with a new and standard grip which has an oversized design that limits rotation during stroke
- It has a matte black and dark finish that reduces glare and sight lines are accentuated by this
- Counterbalanced technology provides controlled putting and moves the balance point according to the requirement
- The consistent impact is ensured as it has double milled face technology
- Multiple classic head shape
- Controlled purring stroke
- Refined detailing
- Reduced glare
- Accentuated sight lines
- More accurate alignment aid
- Some may feel uncomfortable with the putting style
Best Putters Under 150
In this section, we are reviewing some of the best putters under 150. All of these putters deserve to be in our list for their amazing features and advantages.
1. TaylorMade Golf Collection Soto Putter
TaylorMade Golf Collection Soto Putter is for those who are looking for quality. It comes with enhanced consistency, strength, and accuracy which will undoubtedly make your performance better.
- It has a milled 303 stainless steel head and a finish of tour satin that presents the premium look and good feel
- It has adjustable weights for the sole which makes the swing-weight playable
- Sightlines are positioned strategically that aid in the alignment
- It has a two stock grip and also has a variety of tour validated grip
- It can fit any stroke because it has a wide array of toe
- Better forward roll provided by 360 roll insert
- Provides outstanding feel
- Precision milling provides consistency
- Clean and sophisticated design
- Comes in six different tour-proven shapes
- May not fit for ambidextrous
2. Louisville Putter
Louisville Putter is made of handcrafted cherry wood in the USA.It provides consistency and accuracy along with soft and firm feel to the game.Here are the features this putter provides:
- It has a half shaft offset grip
- The grip is of standard size
- The sole plate can engrave upto 20 characters pf personalized message
- This cherry mallet putter has a firm feel and a balanced face
- Can be customized according to personal engraving
- Weighs only 6 pounds
- Fully handcrafted from raw blocks of cherry in the USA
- Provides soft and firm feel
- Made of cherry which is a light wood
- Contains warm colorings with a silky sheen
- Face balanced
- More accurate and precise impact
- User can make more putts comparing to others of its type
- No featured head cover
3. Callaway Golf Odyssey Hot Pro 2.0 Putter
Callaway Golf Odyssey Hot Pro 2.0 Putter has some unique features like new white hot insert, sleek and standard design, a featured headcover, etc. As the price tag is not high, it is within the reach of any golfer.
- New white hot insert which is highly engineered
- A sleek design and look provided by a matte and black finish
- Blade and mallet are shaped according to the popularity
- Grip is manufactured by Odyssey DFX
- Has a featured head cover
- Provides enhanced consistency
- Ensured soft, sound and firm feel
- Performance is overall increased across the striking surface
- Maintenance is easy due to a featured head cover which fits easily
- Might not be a perfect suit for ambidextrous people
4. Odyssey Golf O-Works Putter Winn
Odyssey GolfO Works Putter Winnwill be the best choice for those who are looking for exciting features at a cheap price.Features like micro hinge technology and versa alignment technology made it unique in the market.
- It has a micro hinge face insert with an unmatched roll which changes the way of peoples looking at the putter forever.
- Micro hinge insert technology ensures outstanding gains in the topspin and impact roll which do not depend on your stroke
- Micro hinge plate is also co-molded with Thermoplastic elastomer feel layer
- Manufactured with versa alignment technology that provides high contrast and highlights the proper face angle from address for the proper line-up
- It has red highlight lines that provide additional aid to make your alignment accurate
- It has shapes and prolific models that dominated major tours and championships
- Increases the ultimate performance
- Provides better roll at impact
- Some may face a problem as it does not come with a head cover
5. Odyssey O-Works 2-Ball Fang Putter
With Odyssey O-Works 2-Ball Fang Putter,you’ll get unmatched roll, micro hinge face insert etc. it has also increased the capability for performance enhancement and the accuracy of the game.
- It comes with unmatched roll feature with the aid of a new micro hinge insert face
- It is enriched with a red finish which is driven by tour feedback
- This Odyssey O-Works 2-Ball Fang Putteris available in various tour proven shapes
- Weighs only 1.4 pounds
- The red finish provides better alignment
- This Odyssey O-Works Red 2-Ball Fang Putter provides a soft and firm feel
- It is lightweight and easy to carry
- Impact roll is enhanced
- No headcover
Best Putters Under 200
Now we are going to have a look at some of the best putters under 200.Though they are comparatively expensive than the other putters, their jaw-dropping features make up for it.
1. Odyssey White Hot Pro 2 Putter
Odyssey White Hot Pro 2 Putterwill receive the first position in this category. Improved white hot insert and tight tolerance capability make this putter special from the other ones.
- It comes with a new standard and improved White Hot insert which is highly engineered
- Provided with the capability of facing extreme tight tolerances across the striking surface better than others of its type
- Has a handful of major tour proven and winning head shapes
- Gunmetal PVD finish ensures an industrial and non-glare look
- Reduces glare as it has PVD finish
- Provides more consistent sound and feel
- Impact performance increased
- Consistency of the performance increased due to tight tolerances
- Some faced that their putting stroke is decreased
2. TaylorMade Ardmore Putter
TaylorMade Ardmore Putter has features like stainless steel made head, technically positioned sightlines, variety of grips etc.Compared to the features it provides, the price can be considered pretty much reasonable.
- It has a milled 303 stainless steel made head
- It has a tour satin finish for the look become premium and soft feel
- Comes with adjustable sole weights
- Sightlines are positioned strategically which aids the alignment
- Variety of tour-validated grip options are available
- Can fit any stroke due to the wide array of a hang of toe
- Improved consistency and speed control
- Improved alignment technology
- Aesthetic and standard design
- Provides exceptional feel and gives a better roll
- Available for both right and left-handed golfers
- No appropriate head cover
3. Seemore FGP Black Mallet Putter
Seemore FGP Black Mallet Putter adds more control in the putting techniques.It comes with innovative features like RST and modern alignment system.
- Has a featured headcover
- Have manufacturers own classic head and mallet design
- Cast 303 stainless steel made heads
- Precision milled face
- Alignment system enriched with RifleScope technology patented by SeeMore
- RST works as a true reference point which sets the perfect line up one every putt
- These putters feature accurate face balancing at the time of impact
- The tendency of the impact of the putter is perfectly square
- The perfect line up is ensured
- Unique design and functionality
- Straight shaft
- The mallet head is enriched with high MOI
- Weight may not be comfortable for all the golfers
4. Rife Hybrid Mallet Heel Putter
Rife Hybrid Mallet Heel Putter is recommended by professional golfers as it is manufactured with roll groove technology, removable cylinders and so on.
- The roll groove technology uses less loft which is caused by the friction of gripping.
- The ball is more gripped rather than being chipped. The impact is held through and then released into forwarding roll immediately.
- There are detachable cylinders in the rear side of the bars which permits the golfer to modify the putter which depends on the swiftness of the green
- Behind the impact area, by placing the bars, the two bar putter never misses hit and this makes it the easiest putter on the market for aiming
- Greater stability and enhanced moment of inertia
- Enhanced accuracy and stability
- Not suitable for amateur golfers
Tips For Putter Maintenance
- Wipe the putter thoroughly after your every round of play. Whenever it comes in contact with the green, it can take the moisture-laden grass or dew drops. So wiping the putter before keeping it to the bag is every golfer’s first defense.
- Use a lint-free and microfiber cloth while cleaning the putter whenever you finish your round.
In the meantime, your wiping cloth might be wet or full of grass. So you should use a separate cloth to wipe your putter and its entire surface. You must pay attention to the grooves in the putter face. If you use a mallet putter then it requires more attention as it has more voids and areas that require cleaning than the blade putters.
- You can use manufacturer-provided oil in the shaft and the head of the putter. You must not put oil in the grip. After oiling properly, use a head cover which fits properly on your putter.
- After wiping and oiling, keep your putter in an environment that has a moderate temperature. You can avoid basements and garages as they are not typically ideal. You can keep the putter in indoor if it’s possible for the putter’s better lifetime.
We hope after going through the article, you have a pretty good idea of how important putter is for playing golf effectively. The performance in the game greatly depends on the perfect selection of the putter and also on the putting style.
In this article, we tried to show you some of the best cheap putters 2020. We subdivided them into four sections which include best putters under 50, under 100, under 150 and lastly, under 200. We then briefly talked about each of the putters mentioning their innovative and outstanding features as well as their pros and cons for the golfer’s convenience.
After that, we shared some tips for the maintenance of your putter. Now, based on our recommendations, it is your time to choose a putter that best suits your preference and budget.
- Best Golf Iron Sets
- TaylorMade rsi1 Iron Review
- Callaway Strata Review
- Cleveland Launcher Hb Irons Review